Saturday, February 2, 2013

First Friday Gallery Event at QuiltWorks

The First Friday Gallery Event for February featured the quilt creations of Lori DeJarnatt as the featured quilters and The Woolie's as the group exhibit.  It was a spectacular exhibit...if I do say so myself, lol.


Lori DeJarnatt and Marilyn, QuiltWorks owner

The Woolie's that were able to attend.
Claudine, Sandy, Susan, Anne, Anna and Sue


a nice turn out for the show which will hang all month in the Gallery...so come by when you get a chance to check it out in person.




Everyone is having a great time, good food, good drinks and fantastic quilts!




Sandy and Anne checking out the crowd below!


The show really was awesome!  Lori's quilts were amazing with a Civil War/reproduction theme. I loved them all and would be hard pressed to pick a favorite...all though the hand appliqued pomegranate quilt was really talking to me!  It was really nice to actually meet Lori since we had talked by blog! lol  

The Woolie's which meet on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday at QuiltWorks is an amazing group of women with a common passion.  As you will see on the slide show we love everything wool! lol  I hope you enjoy the show!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Create a picture slideshow

14 comments:

  1. Amazing showing! Lori's quilts are stunning - she does such beautiful work. I do love her style. And the Woolies sharing their talent - wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to spend the evening - surrounded by such inspiration and talent. You girls did a great job and you woolies are pretty cute group - nice picture of you all.
    Thanks for the inspiration
    Hugs - karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a really fun event, and the Woolies are having a great time. The Civil War quilts are lovely, but I'm REALLY partial to the wool ones, of course! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fun event for sure. I'm with you...not sure which one of Lori's quilts I liked best. So much inspiration all around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You girls are quick with the photos/blogging!! LOL It was pure joy to meet you and share space with your talented Woolie group! I am hoping to get to one of your get togethers. I had so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in awe of the Lori's beautiful quilts and woolie group's presentation. For all of us who will never make it up to your part of the country, a big thank you. Your smiles tell it all and as does your fine work/passion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a fun time! thankyou for sharing the Smilebox, really enjoyed that!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a lot of fun and enjoyed the quilt show. I hit our store today and treated myself to a new wool pattern.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an inspiring showcase! Love seeing what all of you Woolies have done, and Lori's quilts are super-special! I'm five blocks into my Dear Jane--so seeing hers completed is definitely awe-some!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely show by all involved! I would be hard pressed to pick a favorite. Love them all. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm in love with the rich colors and whimsical(that "cute" factor!) designs in the wool projects. Inspiring! Lori is an awesome piecer and her quilts come off looking like antiques with the selection of fabrics she chose.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A wonderful presentation. I enjoyed seeing everyone's quilts, runners, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad you got some great photos!! I can't believe I left my camera at home. I hope you don't mind but I am borrowing a couple of pictures from your blog. I'm working on a blog post today, but will be directing them to your site as well!!
    I want to go to Fabric Depot!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Popping over from Lori's blog - thanks for the great slideshow!

    ReplyDelete