Friday, February 1, 2013

BRUCHGEFAHR=Fracture Risk!

Have I got a story for you!  I had a small stack of certified mail certificates...we get them regularly from the sub-contractors letting us know that they can put the heebie jeebies on us if we don't pay for the work being done on the construction.  I took the small pile of cards to the Post Office and was surprised when the post mistress brought this box out!!!  What the hey???

Well...Lord willing and the creek don't rise I thought I would never see this package!!!  You see, while I was in France last fall attending the L'Europa Quilt Show I visited a shop in a small village in Germany at Lake Titesee and bought a cuckoo clock for HH.  This was back in September, mind you...and the clock expert (yes, he wore a white lab coat) told me to expect it at the end of November...give or take a couple of weeks.  Because, it would be coming by ship and then plane.   By the beginning of January I thought the clock was history since it probably had to sit awhile in the flood waters of Hurricane Sandy!  Not one to dwell to long on the down side of life I chalked it up to the "oh well gods."


Life works in interesting ways...because here the clock is, 2 months overdue...but, arriving just in time for HH's birthday on Saturday.



I got another UFO done!!!  Rockin' and Rollin' on the Flicker site!!!  I bought this quilt kit over 5 years ago and then made the top about 3 years ago for someone special...not knowing who that was.  Last week I thought it would be perfect for my little grandson Wyatt.  Nice and bright!  We are celebrating his first birthday on Saturday!


Isn't it FUN!


There is going to be a great slide show coming up!  Tonight the First Friday Gallery Event at QuiltWorks has the Woolies as the featured group!!!  See ya soon!

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful clock and such a sweet quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a great clock and I think well worth the wait. I also love the bright cheery quilt that you completed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life works in mysterious ways..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Timing is everything and this timing sounds perfect. Lovely clock and cute quilt for Wyatt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your happy ending story--the clock was worth waiting for...
    What a great quilt for "someone special", it is another UFO inspiration. I can hardly wait to see the Woolies Slide Show!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy to hear you have the clock in your hands finally and the timing is perfect. Best wishes to Wyatt and hug him close.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The clock is gorgeous. So happy for you that it finally arrived. It looks as if it's in great condition too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. When choosing it I tried to keep in mind what HH would like and I think I did ok!

      Delete
  8. The clock is beautiful.... so glad it arrived. I would have been sick to think it went else where. Happy Birthday HH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. as time went on I thought it was history...but, it was worth the wait!

      Delete
  9. That clock is beautiful, he will love it. I had one years ago, no idea what happened to it, Bill probably broke it, lol. And I love Wyatt's quilt, that is such a fun and happy quilt.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Serendipity! The clock arrival and the UFO being finished, both to make some of the men in your life very happy campers on their birthdays!! I love them both, and will look forward to the slide show.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous clock! How wonderful it arrived just in time! Your grandson is going to love his quilt, too!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the clock! My husband has four from Germany. Add in my grandmother and grandfather clocks that I got when we were stationed in Germany and we have a house full. Just remember that you can run the clock without winding the cuckoo bird....just in case your four legged friend doesn't like the sound.
    Will you wait until you move to hang it?

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad your clock made it "home" all in one piece! It will be a great reminder of your day in the Black Forest! (Just try to forget the oompah-pah-pah music on the way home...) Love your bright little quilt, too. Babies love bright colors. I wonder how we ever got snookered into putting them into/surrounding them with wimpy pastels?

    ReplyDelete