Thursday, January 10, 2013

The Nines

I have to say, The Nines rocks! Not only is it beautiful it is centrally located in downtown. Enzo is a hit with the staff because he is such a gentleman. Although the bed they supplied him with is a tad small he still tries to roll up on it...and, the squeaky vodka bottle is his new favorite toy. As we take our walks early in the morning I have discovered that I am no longer making eye contact with those I pass because Enzo is a rock star and they all want to either talk about him or pet him! If I talked with everyone we pass we would not get any exercise and a whole lot of downtown workers would be late...




Although Wyatt's party had to be postponed because his dad came down with the flu..we still are having a good time. Seeing Connor and Emily is Fantastic!! Of course we had to get our fill of Korean food because Illinois doesn't have a lot of choices where they live.




Korean food is basically pretty darn healthy with lots do veggies. Bib 'n Bop is one of my favorites with all the beautiful colors from the garden.




...and then there is the grilled mackerel which is a bait fish in Oregon but a delicacy in Korea, lol




After lunch we headed over to Acorns and Threads to seek the assistance of Laurie, the cross stitch queen. I will have a slide show when I get back home but here is a tease of color! I am learning more and more about cross stitching on linen with her instruction. I love it! This is the closest cross stitch store to me (3 hours and a trip over a mountain) and one of only about 3 in the state that are totally about cross stitch.




Hope you are having a great week...I sure am!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

8 comments:

  1. The picture of Enzo on his doggie bed is just hysterical!!!!! ROFLOL!!!!
    P.S. Once I'm done laughing, I'll have to go get something to eat - the food looks just delicious - especially the Korean dish...Yum!! Glad you are having such a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are enjoying the trip, yes I love Acorn and Threads but I also like Mindy;s Needlepoint Factory in Eugene at the 5th Street market. She does carry a great section for cross stitch. Enjoy! Sally from Oregon

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is too funny, my guy tries to use the cat bed and only his head fits, lol. Would love to go to a thread shop, maybe in the spring.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enzo looks pretty content with his bed and new toy. He must love all of the attention.

    I'm sorry to hear that Wyatt's party got postponed due to his daddy's flu. Interesting food. It looks pretty, but what all is that in the bowl?

    A cross-stitch store? I've never seen one of those before. That seems like it would be a fun place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enzo looks like my grandson did the last time he tried to fold himself up onto his little sister's nap mat (he's just over 5 feet tall) ha ha ha!

    love the wall of color! our cross-stitch store closed and i was sad - till i found The Quilter's Studio across the street and up a block ... now i spend too much money on fabric instead of on linen and perle cotton ... sigh

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the wall of color! We've got a great shop here for needlepoint, cross-stitch, and knitting called A Stitch In Time. I have to be very careful when I go in there as there are wayyy too many temptations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute couple! So exactly where is this cross stitch store? Love the thread display...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't you just love Acorns and Threads! It's my "local" cross stitch store; I go to it every time I get to Oregon.

    ReplyDelete