Thursday, January 24, 2013

The Command Center

Some people call their special room The Quilt Room, The Nest, My Sewing Room, Design Studio...HH calls my room, The Command Center!  With that much power I feel responsible for maintaining a Defcon 5!  Here are my guidelines as rewritten for the Quilting Defcon System.


DefCon 5 - Normal quilting operations.


DefCon 4 - Still considered "quilt time", but intelligence gathering is increased and spending is loosened. The Woolie was at DefCon 4 for most of last year.

DefCon 3 - All quilting assets are readied. "Quilt signs" for deployed assets change from publicly-known signals to classified ones. The Woolie has been at this level 3 times, most recently after announcing her retirement.

DefCon 2 - Further increase of quilting readiness. All credit cards not already in position are placed on "stand by" alert. DefCon 2 was used once, after HH announced his retirement.

DefCon 1 - Maximum Quilting readiness. All projects are active. Mailman is arriving daily and a new shelter is dug in the back yard to hold additional kits.  I have not been at Decon 1.



All is at peace in the Woolie World!

I decided what my next cross stitch on linen project will be.  It is a sewing box which I have to paint and then stitch the little inserts.  Each square should be fairly quick but I am not sure exactly when I will start.  I have Kathy Schmitz QOM (quilt of the month) starting in a week (they are hand embroidered and small).  I still am embracing the life of handwork! lol


The Fabric Stalkers retreat is only 2 weeks away and I will be out of town the weekend before so I decided to make some retreat decisions and start orgainizing.  Top on my list was the 2011 BOW from Primitive Gatherings.  I have had the blocks done for several months but they just sat in a nice neat little stack taking up space...plus I really need that project box!  Yesterday, I spent part of the day re-bonding with this project.  I think sometimes you have to do that because, due to time and  a disorganized Command Center tend to lose the love for some projects.  They get buried and pushed aside in my brain.  Nothing jump starts the process more than squaring up the blocks.  They are so beautiful!


The sashing and the border involved a major cutting operations!


Now, I have one retreat project ready for retreat!!!!


Remember last week I told you about a quilter who offered the Heart to Hand Christmas BOM patterns to me!  Well they arrived!!!!  Cathy you are the sweetest!  I cannot believe the card that arrived with it...I know it is handmade and so adorable!  Quilters are the most amazing people...always willing to share.


I know what is going on my 2013 list of projects!!!




Hope you have a wonderful Thursday in your Command Center! And Don't forget...today is Shop Your Local Quilt Store Day!

10 comments:

  1. It looks like you have a lot of projects to keep you busy.
    I just need to get busy, hard to get motivated this week, need a vacation, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, ready, set, go, blast off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm jealous. I wanted to do the BOW from Primitive Gatherings but didn't get the patterns - I wish I had. And I love the Heart and Hand patterns - wonderful! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember you being at Defcon 1 a summer or two ago. You had that poor mailman trying to stuff those BOW projects in the mailbox. You were afraid to go to your mailbox!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the projects you picked out, Love the Christmas BOM you were gifted. What a treasure. Love the Heart and Hand patterns. The Primitive Gathering BOW blocks are just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you got the patterns! I just prepped 3 more blocks of the fall quilt.......It wii be awhile but when I'm done, I'll send them your way. Love your blocks for Primitive Gatherings BOW. Always sorry I didn't do that one!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like you are stocked up and ready to roll!! Up to your ears in projects, my friend! And will you look at all of those gorgeous strips from trimming!!! Those look like they need to be a project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your wool projects and your applique blocks.I 'm sure you'll get a lot accomplished at your retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMGosh - your work is so beautiful. LOL on your command center... You are an inspiration! Thanks for getting me going like I have never have been inspired before!!! UFO crazy now :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh! Your work looks always pleasant.
    I would like to live next door to your house!! :))

    ReplyDelete