Followers

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Quilting Mojo

Oh, there are so many beautiful projects in the quilting world.  I thought long and hard...if and what projects I would add to my quilting life 2013.  Although I have many beautiful projects I can't help it...I like an occasional piece of candy!  Last November when I first saw this BOM by Kathy Schmitz I knew it was going on my project list.  A cute stitchery of the month with little fusibles for each month.  Linda at Sew Many Quilt will be the moderator and the first meeting is on the last Sunday of this month. 


This next project was shared by Pam, one of the Sew Many Quilt Woolies and we...as in Anne, Sandy and I are also doing this project.  A Buttermilk basin little quilt of the month.  First you make this base crazy patch quilt and then a monthly mini quilt is made and attached.  Amazingly, we are doing this out off our wool stashes!!!  It has been on the radar since last fall.  I saw that Primitive Gatherings has the patterns available on their site if you want to join us.


Aren't the little quilts that attach so cute!  A different one for each month and it hangs on one of those 12 inch wire frames.


Or, look at what Marla decided to do!  Instead of making quilts for a wire hanger she made a pillow and the front changes each month!


We are so happy that Marla moved to Central Oregon because she brings a wealth of inspiration!  (sorry Ginger)  Here is a HAND PIECED...yes, I said hand pieced spool quilt that she has made using a stamp pad for the pieces.  I had never heard of this but she said it was very popular back in Virginia.  The shapes are stamped on the wrong side of the fabric and cut out then hand stitched together.  Isn't it beautiful!


I was so glad I went to the Woolie group at Sew Many Quilts.  It meets the second Sunday of the month from noon to 3 or 4.  Not only do they provide support with your projects, the show and tell is inspiring.  I loved that Pat brought her linen cross stitch to share...because you know I am trying to tackle this skill.  


Last night Anne from Cottons 'n Wool and I were the guest speakers at the Mt. Bachelor Quilt Guild. The room was filled with energetic quilters and I took some photos of their show 'n tell which I will share with you later this week.  If you are local don't forget that Keith (manager of Hancock) has his quilts displayed at Sterling Bank on Greenwood.  I am going to head over there and share those photos this week also!  

I really am feeling my quilting mojo ramping up and hope I keep you excited about the quilting world in 2013!  Remember no pressure but we'd love you to join the Flicker 2013 UFO group to help inspire us and yourself to keep on keeping on...Please go check out the photos posted already!!!  Here is a photo of one of my UFO's for 2013...finished stitching the motif and now for the layering and quilting!  A Primitive Quilts by Lynda pattern and is going to be perfect in my new sewing room hanging above my coffee station...cause you know what quilters do when together, stitch, sip and gossip...I mean talk, lol.



11 comments:

  1. Those are great projects and I do have the snowman piece, thought it was bigger, so need to get it out and maybe do that today, need something small and fun.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ginger in Richmond here.... Marla's spools bring back great memories! Did she tell you that I do quilts with hexi stamps? And boy do we like Voo Doo Doughnuts! Keep the pictures coming. They help make my day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun projects! I love the stitcheries. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You continue to inspire! I'm doing the handstitching on my binding today and am hoping to figure out just how to transfer a photo to the UFO site when it is completed. Love those gossiping crows!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great projects,
    I admire your energy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great projects, I love Crow Gossip! I got to get that pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your new projects! Keep up the good wok of finishing and inspiring! Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the photos and the inspiration! In fact, I'm going to go finish sewing down the binding on one of my UFOs tonight. Sadly, it still needs a lot of quilting, but the borders were done and I enjoy quilting more if the piece has a clean edge! I did finish up the first of the little sweaters tonight, though!(One down, 3 to go...)

    ReplyDelete
  9. always inspired by what you and your friends are doing!
    love the pillow idea,those stitcheries are adorable
    kathie

    ReplyDelete
  10. The crow is still my favorite, though the other projects are cute!

    ReplyDelete