Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Officially A Groupie

For those of you that don't follow my Facebook Page I thought I would share the latest photo of HH.  He is prepping for retirement and I am not only a quilt groupie but a music groupie, lol.  I have always been in awe of his ability to play music by ear.  Me...not so musical.  I am enjoying his return to playing the blues.


For those of you asking about Jerry's Quilt and the pattern that Twilene was using...here is a cover photo.  The pattern is several years old but the email address on the front is quiltgal@cyberport.net and the phone number is (406)257-5799.  I don't know if either of these are still functional but best of luck.  As for Jerry he is working hard to stay with us and please continue adding him to your prayer and thoughts.


I am most proud of my latest completed project!!!  I purchased it last fall and through dogged persistence I have completed my first cross stitch on linen...and I love it!!!!  I am ready for the next one!!!


I had two...lucky gal that I am...two quilt groups so far this week and decided to combine the slide show.  Join us in the fun!!!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Slideshow design personalized with Smilebox

15 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your cross stitch! I love that you have it framed already too, and that frame is perfect. Did you buy it at the same time as the kit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh I hope you check back as your email is a "no reply" but I did't get the frame with the kit I found it at Fred Meyers which is a grocery/household combined store that I hardly ever go to but was lucky this time!!!

      Delete
  2. Loving your cross stitch! I have that pattern in my stash to hopefully do someday. I love Little House Needleworks patterns.

    Your photos of all the prim goodies your friends are stitching up are wonderful! I need to get started on my Buttermilk Basin woolies now~how inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori's Civil War quilt is amazing! The setting is fantastic. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how your piece came out, really beautiful. I can play with music books and that is about it, I can play, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many wonderful quilts! Now I'm trying to decide if I should work on my tumblers first, or my Civil War quilt, or my Mill Girls quilt...oh wait, it's knit group day! Too many projects, not enough time!
    Sending lots of good thoughts to Jerry and Twilene, too. I do know what she's going through and nothing helps as much as knowing friends "have your back."

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Anna. Your hubby seems to rock - or rather to blues. Great! My compliment to you and your quilting friends. All works are really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you finished your cross stitch already!! Again, LOVE the smileboxes! Such inspiration!!! I have 2 BBasin kits - got some ideas from you...thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your finished cross stitch, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. loved your finish, I knew you could do it!
    great smile box, such bright colors on a cold dreary day!
    still remembering him!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many wonderful projects from your creative groups of friends...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I see a new career in your husband's future. :-)

    Love your finished project. WTG

    Thank you so much for sharing so many incredible pictures of the talent you get to enjoy. I wish I could visit that group. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. HH looks like he's having a great time.

    I love how the linen piece came out! And the frame is perfect for it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi!
    I incidentally found your blog - so interesting, as well your letters as all the photos - love it. I looked at the photos here and I simply adore the little January quilt with the snowman. Is it possible to let me know, where I can find the pattern - I would really like to do it. Here in Denmark we donot know the woolen patchworking, but I have learned to love it through the wonderful magazine Primitive Quilts and Projects.
    I would be so happy to have your answer.
    Thank you in advance.
    :) Lis

    ReplyDelete