Followers

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

My Way...

Over a cup off coffee I discovered the Fat Quarter's Shop Designer Mystery BOM for 2013...very tempting...so off to water exercise class I went where I discussed it with my friend Lori who is an addicted enabler.  I am not sure which one of us is the enabler and which one is the addict...I really feel like is goes back and forth.  I told her to check it out and let me know if we were going to do it, LOL.  

My afternoon was going to be spent working on my BJ's 2013 BOM which are due this Sat. but I realized that I would only feel FREE if I could empty a project box...since the tower is now the same height that I am...yikes!  I pulled out the BJ's 2012 BOM and took a long hard look at it.  I came to the conclusion that I did not need another big Christmas quilt!!!  I had a talk with myself and said...SELF, you are the boss of you...no one else...you  can do WHATEVER you want with these blocks.  Remember this is a judgement free zone!!!  And the word for the year is EMBRACE...so start embracing these blocks!!!  Suddenly Enzo yawned in boredom and said...get on with it and the idea came to me...much like the Grinch...as I rubbed my hands together I thought...table runner!  And 2 hours later I had an empty project box that immediately got new tenants and I had pieced an awesome big table runner!  Yes, as Frank Sinatra said, I could do it My Way...and so can you!




Today I thought I would leave you with a funny...whether you are a cat or dog person...you will understand!


27 comments:

  1. You are just HYSTERICAL!!!....and I can sooo relate! LOL!!!
    P.S. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tina! When I hear my DIL describe her cat...I get the cat thing. Enzo acts just like the dog in trouble, lol

      Delete
  2. I am at the point where i want to go away and take a vacation for a week, lol. I messed up something last night so now I have to redo it and send it out next week, err. I have charity quilts to finish, wool projects to start, quilts to quilt and lots I want to start, need a brain break, then I can regroup, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh... thank you for posting that video. . . a wonderful (& great big) laugh to start the day! (I also love your line, "you are the boss of you" statement.. . . ! & your table runner!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You talked yourself into a great decision, love the way you thought that UFO "out of the box".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats kinda what I decided so far with the northern bjs 2013 , its going to be a wall hanging and table runner for my dinning room, may change my mind before the end of the year but thats my thoughts for now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! That video was SO true! Great idea about the table runner...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty. I just signed up for the embroidery BOM by mail. Can't wait to get it. Thanks for the heads up on that one. I also signed up for the designer mystery a couple days ago. Love Fig Tree and just couldn't let it go.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so clever and the table runner is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your table runner is lovely. Nice reworking of the blocks.

    The video is perfect, too bad they didn't have the cat perch on the lap of someone who doesn't like cats as so often is the case.

    Thanks for the giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, It`s just fabulous Less Ufos to finish!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So help me to understand this....you have BJ's 2013 BOM that is due on Saturday, but felt like you needed to empty a box first...which you did. Then you filled it again with something else!! So now the stack of boxes is exactly the same height as you started with. Where are you on the BJ's 2013 BOM??? I'm confused. (Easily accomplished some days! lol) BTW...I loved the table runner.

    ReplyDelete
  12. well, I think doing it your way turned out pretty nice.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ok...so I just spit my wine out from laughing so hard! You are a crazy woman! Ditto to what Tina said! Dag...how come you live clear across the country! Poooooooooo!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good for you! Its pretty and I love that video...I saw it a couple weeks ago and laughed out loud..it is sooo spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great - you did it your way! Great - idea!!! Enjoyed the
    "funny"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great way to use your blocks! I'm sure you'll get plenty of use out of it this way. The cat/dog video is very cute--and I got a chuckle out of the ad that appeared over it the first few seconds: for do-it-yourself pet euthanasia! My mind is boggled...

    ReplyDelete
  17. I always tell my students that it is Their quilt, and that is Your table runner! Great use of your blocks. And a good funny too :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your tablerunner is the bomb! Love it! And I'm trying to stop myself from ordering the BOM from Fat Quarters although I'm doing 2012's and I'm up to date. Plus the fabrics Avalon look really cute......

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lov eth table runner. I would think it will probably get more use as a runner than as a christmas quilt as as more people will see it really...how many people actually goes into our bedrooms....so when all your guests se eit on the table and start ooohhhing and ahhhhing you willbe so pleased that you embraced that project.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I LOVE the tablerunner - nice job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am happy that I pushed myself alittle on the quilting because I like how it turned out!

      Delete
  22. I like your tablerunner, but I got to tell ya...I LOVE that video!!Hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  23. The tablerunner is absolutely gorgeous.I love it! If only Christmas was a little closer....

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for the laugh w/tears! Reminds me of Kid History. :) Your table runners are so cute! And finishing things too. Love!

    ReplyDelete