Followers

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Inspiration!!!!

The 2013 Flicker UFO site has exceeded my expectations in the effect it has had on my drive to keep working on projects.  It has not only affected my desire to complete UFO but it has inspired me in all aspects of my quilting life.  Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!  I especially love that we can leave comments on each others projects...because who doesn't like a little kudos!  There are no deadlines to joining or when you have to complete a project...this is all about you and you make your own rules!

yesterday I got excited when I received an email that we could pick up the first Kathy Schmitz QOM (quilt of the month)!!!  Remember this sneak peek photos from a couple of weeks ago.


We are starting with the March Quilt which is the Easter Bunny delivering eggs.  I love Kathy Schmitz stitchery designs and this series which is 12 months has some interesting fusibles.


Isn't it cute.  Once the stitchery is completed you cut the fusible provided (there is one in each month) and fuse them in the designated area.


totally fun!!


my new hexie stamp arrived and I am kinda bummed...I thought it would be smaller???  I wonder if she has a smaller one?  I am a mini kinda gal.  Did I ever tell you that I was published in Miniature Quilt Magazine, twice.  I am going to have to research this one out....it really is a clever idea!


I have been taking a series of photos of Enzo.  He crawls under the curtain that hangs behind my dining room chair and sits over the heater vent.  I have been taking a daily photo of him in his babushka...with the song Matchmaker, matchmaker make me a match...catch me a catch...playing in my head!


I am riding out with some girlfriends to check the construction site and visit the open house at the Stitchin' Post.  Hope you have a wonderful Saturday!

12 comments:

  1. I have seen her new pieces with the printed designs to add, really like the idea and her patterns are always wonderful to do.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not usually one who likes the holiday monthly themed stuff, but I love that finished Easter Bunny with the fused eggs! It's really cute without being cutsie.

    That hex stamp looks huge! I got a flying geese stamp many, many years ago that is small, so there's bound to be a hex stamp out there that's smaller.

    I love that picture of Enzo! It's perfect.

    You are going to have a great Saturday, checking out the house and going to the Stitchin' Post!!! It's grey and raining here, which I love, and I think that I'm finally up to cutting the fabrics to start my mom's beach scene today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't I say I wasn't joining anything new this year, Kathy's BOM is great, I may have to cheat on this one. I can take it with me, always a plus.

    I may see you in Sisters, if I get caught up on my house work this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You ladies live in the best place....why on earth did I ever move? oh yeah....love....!!! Have fun in Sisters..I am recuperating from walking this morning....can I just say...may hind end hurts today!!! That is good, right? I hope to do some stitching as have to make a couple samples for Cathy.

    Hi Enzo...you're a handsome fellow..I am sure we can find him a match!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh...and did my little birdie tell me correctly that you should be getting some exterior paint this week?

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the bunny pattern, I'd stay on the vent too! been freezing all day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Looks like you are opne busy woman!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the bunny - love Kathy Schmitz's work - where are you getting these and do they mail them? :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  9. Always inspiring! Enzo is such a character...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think the Flickr group is helping me to stay inspired, too! Of course, if the rest of the year goes the way the last two days have... two steps forward, two steps back! At least I'm not falling behind? Ear skritches to Enzo--he's a darling boy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I started a BBasin project yesterday...do you fuse the wool or appliglue it a bit and then stitch. I think I will glue it...what do you think???

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love those stitcheries! Yes Cindy Blackberg has a Mini Hexagon stamp!

    ReplyDelete