Thursday, January 31, 2013

Inner Piece

Remember I was supposed to work on month one of the BJ's BOM on Tuesday but got distracted by the tower of project boxes.  Well, yesterday I decided I needed to "get 'er done."  After all, month one was not just 1 block but 24 pieced blocks!  Yes, I needed to find my inner piece on this one.  When I read the cutting instructions I knew I had to bring out the tools.  I love this suction cup handle.  Whenever I am strip cutting my ruler always slides a little even with the non slide stuff on it...but with this handle, not only does it not slide but my wrist and arm don't hurt!


Thanks to my early days taking mystery classes with Debbie Caffrey I learned the fast method of cutting.  Laying the strips down where they overlap slightly and are even I can cut 96 squares in minutes!


Accurate cutting and nice neat little piles results is the correct size block, lol



look at these  blocks!  All 24 of them measure out to exactly 6.5 inch squares!!!  Month One Done!!!


Another UFO bites the dust!!!  We are officially at the end January 2013! I finished quilting my table runner just in time for February!  Thank you to every one on the Flicker Site...I am enjoying the encouragement and hope you are also!  I posted a couple of close up photos on Flicker of the quilting.


I wanted to also let you know that I am trying to commit to answering any comments on the blog posts...so if you haven't received an email from me and you are a "no reply" I will reply on the blog, so please check back.  

13 comments:

  1. I am not good with cutting blocks so I do the sew and cut method, works for me but harder when you need to make sure you match the pieces up properly. I got a cheap handle to use with rulers but wasn't that great, yours has a wider handle which makes sense.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love coming here to see what you are up to. Such pretty runners,yesterday and today. and I learn something new all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow - that handle rocks! i mean, it DOESN'T rock, which really rocks! i need one of those cuz my wrists are sick to death of me leaning on them...

    and the table runners (yesterday's and today's) rock, too ... you truly have achieved inner piece...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I`m going to pick up one of those handles. It would sure speed things up for me. Very nice quilt blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where to start? What a creative way to cut lots of pieces, I have to remember this one.
    LOVE the table runner.
    The suction handle is a must have, for me anyway, makes cutting so much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've not seen that cutting method before - I really like it! Isn't that handle great! I got one about a year ago and wonder why I waited so long! Love your table runner!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tablerunner looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tabe runner looks awesome.Beautiful blocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful table runner..I've got to get busy on a Valentine project!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the xoxo table runner, s-w--e-e-t! Finally received the white wool I'd been looking for and am eager to make my heart candle mat. Shucks! Still haven't figured out how to transfer my digital camera chip photos to Flickr...sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I ended up being home today so I spent the whole day sewing. :) Don't you love it when that happens! I should have read this earlier and I'd have started a Valentine table runner - meant to do that but got caught up in other things and forgot. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  12. Look at all those blocks. You are a quilting machine...And I really like that Valentines runner.

    ReplyDelete
  13. There's just something soo enjoyable about cutting and piecing a whole stack of blocks! And I just love it when things go together smoothly! (Now off to work on my Tumbler quilt...)

    ReplyDelete