Followers

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year...and the WINNERS are????


I have been pondering my desires for 2013.  I don't know why but I thought I would slow down in 2013 but in fact is proving to be an extraordinarily amazing year.  What I can say is 2013 is our year!  I have been working really hard this last year but 2013 will be a year of adventure.  This is my list so far:

1.  Embrace the budget (which means embracing the stash)
2.  HH will officially retire & turns 60!
3.  Fabric Stalker Quiet River Retreat
4.  Move
5.  Sell current house
6.  Quilt Market
7.  Chicago?
8.  Quilter's Affair & the Sister's Outdoor Quilt Show
9.  Buggy Barn Quilt Show
10.  36th Anniversary
11. turn 60 years old!!!
12. Sue Spargo/Tonye Phillip retreat

...and in between all that I plan on making a dent in my UFO pile and do some camping.  Wow, it's not so bad...I thought it would be busier but this year...piece of cake!  I will again try and make my Woolie Command Center a Judgement Free Zone (I had moments this past year where I fell off that wagon). My word for 2012 was "Grace" boy, did I need a lot of that...and, to be reminded of my word.

My word for 2013

EMBRACE

I will embrace all that I am blessed with, especially my family & my girlfriends.  I thank all of you for joining me on my year of "Grace" and hope that this year, you will "Embrace" your life and give thanks to what you have created.

The Winner of the bag of Bunny Hill bolt ends is...Cakers!!!!


...and finally the winner of the PineNeedle BOM patterns is...Quilt 'n Queen!


I made a retrospective slide show of some of the interesting people I met, place I went, quilts I finished and overall highlights.  I am putting it at the end because it is long with a few photos from each month so if you decide to sit and watch...get a cup of coffee, lol.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Customize your own free digital slideshow

9 comments:

  1. Love your pictures, Anna...especially the retirement ones! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to the winners!
    I have no resolutions, just want to be happy and healthy;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year, Anna!

    No resolutions, goals, word, etc - just planning to live for TODAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year!

    I know that you will be a busy "girl" in 2013, and yes....when you retire or stop working, you become busier than ever. I have 3 goals (notice that I didn't use the "R" word!) for this year, and have specifically planned on a small handful of projects or challenges so that I leave myself open to serendipity.

    Congratulations to the winners of the giveaways!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year! It sounds like you have a very doable list~ enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year Anna, great slide show.

    May you embrace this year with love and creativity that feeds your soul.

    My word is creativity that I will embrace with love.

    Sandi in New Westminster B.C.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year Anna!

    OMG...I'm sEw excited to win McKenna Ryan's 'At Home in the Woods' BOM patterns. WOW what a way to start 2013!!! I always love your slideshows Anna...your grandsons are adorable and Enzo is the best dog ever!!

    I think I am going to have to pick a word this year too, I'll have to give it some thought. DH will be retiring...there will be lots of changes happening. We will have to get our house ready to sell and eventually move back to Canada...April 2016 will be the latest we can stay in the USA as our green card will be expiring...and just knowing how fast 2012 flew by, we will be thinking about the move sooner than we think. DH has not given a retirement date, but I know it will be before June. My 5 year old darling granddaughter is always saying she wants us to move to her street...in Annie's house...that is right next door to her house. Annie's house is not for sale. It will definitely be a busy year for us...the good thing is we will be closer to our families. I am looking forward to being back in Canada... just not the getting there!! hugs and wishing 2013 will be your best year ever Anna. Happy Stitching!! Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy new year to you and yours! I like your idea of a "word" for the year--I think this year I'll "embrace" my inner hoarder and try to make a dent in Stash Mountain(s), instead of adding to them. I did at least make a list of my UFOs and WIPs and that's surely a start to turning some of them into FOs, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so thankful to be a winner. It is much better to gain 10# of fabric than 10# of weight! Thank you, thank you!

    I did sign up for the UFO 2013 challenge! Yippee!

    ReplyDelete