Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Cross Stitch Mania

I have come to the conclusion that one of the reasons I am in a perpetual state of project saturation is that at least 75% of my projects involve hand work.  I should change the name of this blog to Hand Work Hoarder!!!  Oh well, what can I say...I love all kinds of handwork.  Wool Applique, cotton applique, embroidery, cross stitch... I even have to have separate boards for embroidery and cross stitch on my Pinterest.  I can't just have a stitchery board because there are too many desires saved in there!

As you know I am currently on the quest to learn cross stitch on linen.  I love the look and I want to master it.  One of the reasons is that Lori bought a cross stitch pattern at the vendor mall in France that is absolutely beautiful.  Of course the instructions are in Italian and French.  I have brought the pattern to my favorite cross stitch shop in Portland to see if they have the linen we need and if they speak Italian or French...you never know.



Isn't it gorgeous!  At least it is only one color thread but this is going to be a year long project.  I'll have a slide show of the shop when I get home! 
Arrivederci! 

18 comments:

  1. THat is a beautiful piece and i hear you, I do a lot of hand work myself, but I love to hand stitch and love "Hand Made" items. I know some people who do all their work by hand and it takes them months to do a piece, but it results in beautiful work.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful, I bet you already have a spot picked out in your mind in your new home for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is a gorgeous piece. You are going to love working on it! It will be worth every minute you put into it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a beautiful pattern - one to truly enjoy stitching.

    Oh, Anna, my first love is 'handwork' - I enjoy embroidery, x-stitch, hand applique, etc. I'd love to do wool applique but my allergy to lanolin prevents it - although I'm thinking about trying wool felt. Heck I even enjoy stitching down binding on a quilt. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely piece for your new home, you might have to out line the Sisters mountains to mimic your view!

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello,
    I can help with the French if needed.
    Beatrice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love to do handwork too. I cross stitched for years before I switched to embroidery. Your pattern is going to be gorgeous! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful cross stitch piece. It's going to look awesome in your home.
    I love hand work too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this piece, just lovely.
    I love hand work!!

    A thought: isn't there somewhere on line that you could use a translator that would do the instructions for it? Even a few lines at a time, I don't know where but it would be worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your new project.Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, good luck with that beautiful chart. I prefer linen and you may too once you master it for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I, too, love handwork of all kinds. It is a soothing activity and results in a beautiful art piece. Being rather green your current tree project is quite appealing to me. Pagan appeal!

    ReplyDelete
  13. As you may remember, I speak French and probably can help with the instructions. Most patterns are charted so it's not too complicated. That's how I managed to do several Danish patterns, even though Danish isn't much like English or French!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just hopped over from Stitchin By The Lake and I love your blog. This new pattern is fabulous and I love your handwork. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I, too, love hand work of all kinds, from embroidery to cross-stitch to working with wool applique, to hand piecing, hand applique and hand quilting. It takes forever to finish anything, but is such a peaceful feeling to work on. That's a beautiful project!

    How nice that there are a couple of followers who speak French that could help translate the pattern. There is a way to translate it online, which you can find if you google french to english translation, but there could be nuances that would change the meaning that could happen that way. A person who is fluent in it would catch those.

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW!! I love this cross stitch!! Very elegant! Makes me want to take up cross stitch....well almost!!
    P

    ReplyDelete