Followers

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Baby It's Cold Outside...

I could hardly stand it outside for more than a couple of minutes.   It was intermittent fog and sun but the temperature was a nice brisk 10 degrees!!!   And this morning it is 7 degrees, Burrrr!!!  The thing about it...even though it is difficult to enjoy the outside, it is beautiful!

I started out the day in my sewing room, working on Crow Gossip.  This was the view from the window in front of my sewing table.  


I just had to go out and take a closer look at the beauty this type of weather can bring.


You can click on the photos and make them bigger...the frost and ice on this tree was spectacular and in fact a neighbor saw me taking a photo of this tree and said he had already posted it to his Facebook! lol


The cold didn't even phase Enzo...he was spinning cookies in the snow and was so disappointed when I made him come inside! lol


...And so, I am heading into Day 3 of Embracing the Budget and like the freezing cold that can look so beautiful...I think budgeting is hard but, may have a silver lining...sometimes I am so full of hot air! LOL  What about you...how are you feeling on Day 3 of 2013?  At least, we can move on from the Fiscal Cliff news, I hope!  I am heading off to water exercise (indoor pool and heated!) and I will be thinking about the Flicker UFO Intervention (LOL).  We are up to 17 hearty souls who want to encourage each other in tackling that black hole in all our lives.  Remember, YOU get to decide what constitutes a UFO.  For me it is a quilt project that has languished over 6 months  or  a kit I have owned longer than 6 months without starting.  This is your challenge!!! make it fun and make it happen!

8 comments:

  1. Nature provides us with the most exquisite scenes if we are lucky to be there when it is created. It is around -1 degrees here with no snow yet this year so our green grass is deliciously crunchy, keep warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shots of your back yard, love the way everything looks with snow and ice. Enzo looks like he is having fun, mine loves snow, but going to the bathroom is about all he can do now.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not at all sure where I draw the line between a WIP and a UFO. Sometimes I use the terms interchangeably, guess it depends on how optimistic I'm feeling at the time! I know for sure that my Map of the World Sweater from '89 is a UFO (and likely to remain so for the duration!) while the little woolly sweaters that are sitting next to my knitting chair are definitely WIPs. Guess it doesn't matter what I call them, really, as long as I'm planning on finishing them all some day. I think of my life as a Work In Progress these days anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the photos of the snow and ice. It's beautiful.

    The way I define a WIP vs a UFO is that if I've stopped working on a WIP and either gone on to design, work on, or make another quilty project...the WIP became a UFO. If I have just put it away for a while to do non-sewing things (like reading, cleaning, or visiting a friend), but it's less than 1 week (and NO OTHER SEWING has been done), it's still a WIP. A project that I have everything gathered for, but have not begun (not even a tiny bit!) is a USO. A USO is an UnStarted Object.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Enzo needs his winter boots (sold at Bed Bath and Beyond...and his winter jacket and then let him play....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am seriously considering finishing a cube quilt that I began at least 8 years ago- I am not even sure when I started it now but it is quite a long time ago. I think it might work as a wedding quilt for my niece- I am going to quilt a quilt that has been lanquishing in the quilt pile for too long too- I will give it to my brother who is in desperate need of a new quilt- he wore the other one out.. LOL
    Good luck with your UFO's.
    Regards from Alberta,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! You live in such a beautiful area! We see houses everywhere we look here in Des Moines. The last location was a country view...so nice. Someday we'll find a home with some space to enjoy the views once again... Enzo is adorable in that picture! I love it! We have snow too and Ginger is feeling well enough to want to play in it as well...but she is still not to have much activity so we are holding her back. 12" of frozen snow to fall through might not be too good for that broken leg that's healing so well!

    ReplyDelete