Saturday, January 19, 2013

A Day of Your Life


This poster is a mantra for me.  This week I have had several pieces of news that challenge one's understanding of life and you only can ask WHY???  Each day I wake up and strive to live the day as the most important of my life.  Walk forward in kindness, more listening...less talking, less whining more quilting, less shopping more girlfriend time...I want to "EMBRACE" 2013 (my word for the year).

I am so blessed because I am a quilter.  It not only immediately puts me in  relationship with wonderful people but, it gives me an outlet for quieting the mind when I am stressed.  Each stitch is a moment of control.  And so I am going to share with you Jerry's quilt.  Great guy...his wife is a quilter...all great guys are married to quilters, lol.  He and his wife have been married 50 years!  Since October he has had a series of health issues and yesterday was faced with surgery.  Please put some good energy out there for a full recovery.  Between October and January his wife started working on some basket blocks.  She got the pattern in Montana a few years ago and it is adorable.  As she has been in numerous waiting area through procedures and recoveries she has been stitching these blocks.  Each stitch, a moment of control. Each stitch...a stitch to the future.  Each block, part of a whole quilt...as in life we create our moments, don't waste them!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This free slideshow personalized with Smilebox

12 comments:

  1. They are lucky to have such a good friend in you. I will add them to my prayers. And the quilt speaks for itself.. just plain charming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending lots of healing thoughts for your friend and his wife. The quilt is stunning. Thank you so much for sharing.

    I wish we could all learn to live for the moments of today. I've tried hard to live that way for almost a year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss you, Twilene! I want to see what the pattern looks like. Could you post a photo of the pattern cover? Twilene is doing an amazing job, as usual, with her stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you show the whole quilt or pattern cover, as I love it. Prayers/thoughts for your dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! A beautiful quilt. LOVE the baskets. Prayers for your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a wonderful post and slide show, really inspiring.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a happy lovely looking couple. I hope all goes well for Jerry and they are it enjoying life together soon.

    The quilt blocks are lovely, well done and stitched with love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely blocks, hope all goes well for him and for her!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My first comment to you, Anna! Caring thoughts to your friends, they look so happy together. Each basket block is so individual!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sending them lots of good thoughts and healing prayers. Needlework is a wonderful calmer in times of stress. When Himself was sick, I knitted up a storm--mostly shawls for the Shawl Ministry at my oldest son's parish church in CT. I was especially happy to be making items to give away, because otherwise it would have been a constant reminder of those stressful times. This way, my shawls gave me comfort in the knitting of them, and the recipients were comforted too.

    ReplyDelete