Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Fun, Fun...and More Fun

I haven't yet chosen my word for 2013...but, it just might be "fun"??!  Last years word was "grace" and boy did I need it!  Luckily, just when I would be about to lose it...someone would remind me...isn't your word this year "grace"?  Yesterday, reminded me that although I needed grace most of the year I am blessed to be with quilters who are "fun."  For this I am grateful and I want you to know that your laughter, kindness and talents have made this year an event for me and I am grateful for those who I stitch with and those who I chat with via the internet.   Quilting, stitchery, wool...is where the most amazing people hang.

Last week I stumbled upon an etsy site that really sang to me!  Linda from The Talking Crow is amazingly talented.  I first fell in love with punch needle through my friend Debbie of Wool 'n Sails.  I know...sure it is something that I could learn to do myself...but really, you have to make a choice...they lied when they said we can do it ALL.  I am at peace with the idea that I can't do it all and, that one way I can support the economy is to support the handmade industry.  So I ordered one of Linda's pillows...OMG, it was adorable! and the workmanship showed the talent of a real craftswoman/artist.  


Isn't it stinkin' cute!!!!!!!


...and the fun continued...Woolie Potluck at QuiltWorks, some show 'n tell and a viewing of the First Friday show by Alice Pederson  who is an expert at machine embroidery and the Mt Bachelor Quilt Guild Challenge to make a quilt based on your favorite children's book...isn't that a wonderful idea!  Hope you enjoy!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make your own slideshow design

7 comments:

  1. Lots of wonderful projects. Sitting in the waiting room and they have wi fi,so glad I bought my iPad.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so enjoy your presentations. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always beautiful quilts from Central Oregon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh I just love sandy's ornament too cute and that snowman table runner? or wallhanging is fun! thanks for sharing.
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've missed several days of your blog due to this holiday rush...But...I haven't stored butter in the pantry yet! Love the wool projects and your lovely presentation here on the blog...Such talent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no it's time to choose a word and I can't even remember the one I chose last year! Maybe this year's word should be Memory. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete