Followers

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Oh NO...She Didn't!!!

I had been in denial since I first heard the news a couple of months ago when  I received an email...but, then I could not longer keep my head in a pocket gopher hole when an article appeared in the "U" section of our local paper.  Ann Richardson, the executive director of the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show was stepping down after the 2013 quilt show.  I have had the pleasure of not only volunteering under Ann's reign but also taking a quilt class taught by her...hummm wonder where those quilt blocks are????  

I have to admit...I don't have a leg to stand on because I totally understand the "recreating oneself and the desire to experience life through all it's chapters."  But, the reality is she will be missed in this role. She had all the attributes needed to help take the show to the next level.  Jean Keenan Wells began this show with a few quilts hanging outside the shop and under her direction and the tutelage of several people it is has grown.  As a non-profit there were a whole other set of building blocks and Ann helped launch the show into it's present  existence. 

I hope you will be able to make the 2013 show, saying thank you to Ann and welcoming the new executive director.  I for one will be volunteering, it is a different way to enjoy the weeks events!  Even if you are from out of town, consider helping out and learning the behind the scenes mechanics to putting on the largest outdoor quilt show in the world!


Here it is hot off the presses, photo of what is happening on the construction site!  3/4 of the windows are in, house is wrapped, electrician were inside stringing the wire and outside pipe was being laid for the propane line.  It's happening!!!!


Today Anne, Sandy, Hannah and myself head to Holly Hills for the Homespun & Holly event!  Holly Hills brings in a handful of designers to instruct the participants in a "make & take" project.  All supplies are provided, besides snacks, dinner, door prizes and a discount on everything you purchase that day for the event!  Yikes!  I have been worried about how we will fit the 4 of us, our luggage for overnight and our purchases????  I think I'll just bring a tooth brush!  


2 comments:

  1. The house is coming along beautifully, won't be long now.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The house is looking great! Your road trip sounds like such fun! Have a great time! Looks like a great store...

    ReplyDelete