Followers

Saturday, November 10, 2012

November Jibber Jabber

I have been spending a lot...I mean a LOT of time figuring out what the next step is...I know I have the Homespun Holly Event at Holly Hills in another week...and then there is Thanksgiving with the Beaverton Bates' (which means grandson time!!!) and before we know it, you know what arrives...I won't say it out loud yet.  But for those of you who were with me last year you know what that means!  The 12 days of Christmas Giveaway.  Yes, I have been going through my patterns and there will be 12 days of giveaway with a grand prize for Christmas.  There, I said it out loud...sorry Mary (Cornwoman), I know you don't want to think about it till after Thanksgiving.  But, I have got to be prepared!

Talk about being prepared!  Anne is going to expect me to have a couple more of these houses done by Tuesday.  Guess I know what I will be doing this weekend!  Yep, the neighborhood is starting to shape up.  Today HH and I head over to the construction site to see what's up.  Hopefully I will have a photo or two to share.


Here is our household motto...with this said...it is official!


Yes, the official retirement date is December 1st but because they will need time to find and orient a replacement...(not sure anyone is up to replacing the HH)...he will contract back until the end of February.  So you gals out there who have a retired honey at home give me an idea what I am in for???



10 comments:

  1. The first 6 months were the worst. Every Sunday I would think "ah, tomorrow he goes back to work." Only to have reality hit me in the face.LOL! I missed my time alone to do what I wanted when I wanted. It was a big adjustment for me.The worst? Cooking 3 meals a day! Plus snacks.
    I write this with a smile on face because the adjustment to my routine were worth it all.
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the houses, Love Christmas, love giveaways, I don't win, but it brings out the kid in you!
    Honey at home, help, been there for years! Give him his keys, tell him to ride & pick up your quilting supplies! mine is good, he delivers the goods, no bike, but a pick up truck! have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey it's all GOOD! You DO have a Sewing Room, don't you? Just post a 'DO NOT ENTER' sign...or IF you are feeling friendly, 'ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK' sign ..haha!! Works for me!!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know that feeling, I want to do it all and I can't, lol.
    I dread the day mine retires, he is annoying enough on his days off, haha.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. It helps to have a hobby that consumes him just like mine does, he restores old cars.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thank God for my studio. I keep active and take a lot of deep breaths.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, Christmas is coming! I just ordered my first present through UNICEF and then ordered some robot fabric to make two of my grandsons pillow cases. At least it's a start... The housing development (both pieced and under construction in Sisters)will all reach completion...Retirement, my guy plays cards at the Parks and Rec center and loves it. (3 times a week!)I'm vegetarian and he's a carnivore so he fixes his own meals. Works for me...!

    ReplyDelete
  8. While mine is not retired yet, he's been working from home for the past 5 months. And over the past 3 /12 years, he spent a good bit of time at home between temp jobs. I'm with Paula. I was used to a lot of alone time, which I loved, and once he was out the door to work, I didn't cook until it was time to make dinner. Now it's 3 meals and snacks, and together pretty much 24/7. Even when I'm in my sewing room, I get interrupted and called to come and see something on a frequent basis....and though I sometimes miss my time alone, I wouldn't trade it for the world.

    My DH is hoping to stop working at the end of next year, which means that he'll be changing from work to persuing his own creative passion, but we've already decided that we are going to join our local Senior Center and participate in some group activities as well as having lunch with them some days. It will mean shifting my schedule and figuring out how to squeeze my quilting in, but life is meant to be shared and I'm looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The one thing I can tell you is that it WILL be a change. Since my husband worked various shifts it will probably be different for you. We use to pass in the night. There were weeks that we didn't really see each other. But now the house feels empty when he is gone. Before it just felt normal.

    Like Jenny my husband fixes his own meals. Now THAT is a relief and keeps him busy.

    And like Paulette said, you do have a door on your sewing room. From time to time I still have to close my office door to get time to concentrate. But boy am I glad that he is away from the stress related to his job. I'm sure I'll have him around longer because he retired!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well I can not give you advice. I have a retired husband at home. ACTUALLY we have been together 24 hours 7 days a week for soon to be 26 years.

    I would not have it any other way. Is there something he likes to do around the house? Work in the yard? Cook?

    Or maybe something he has always been interested in he could go for it.

    My husband and I met at the Post Office and we retired from the Post office and it is just natural for us to be together all the time. He can get in the car and drive two miles to our small town if you call it that.. It is only a city block total... and call me 3 or 4 times on the cell phone. I am so glad when he gets home. I always figured if one of us passed away the other would die right there on the spot.

    Good luck on your adventure.

    ReplyDelete