Friday, October 5, 2012

For The Joy Of It!

I had decided to attend the embroidery group at Sew Many Quilts which meets twice a month because I have so many embroidery projects and thought it may be a way to trim down the UFO pile. I was feeling kinda good about it...thinking that ahhhh, this must be what retirement feels like...decide to go to a group and then you just go.  But two events sent me into a tail spin. 

First, I was looking at the Pinterest site and saw a really cute wool project...in the back of my brain I thought...I have that project!!!  In fact I have prepped that project!!!  Did I finish it?  Did I already give it to my DIL???  I remember prepping it last year...or did I...no, I am sure I prepped it.  I went up to my sewing room to look for it along with a project to take to embroidery group.  An hour later I had NOT found the wool project but, I did find the prepped embroidery project.  In fact prepped so long ago that the transfer eze was starting to lift!  Then I spent 20 mintues looking for the pattern.  Found it but have no idea where I put the fabric I purchased to go along with the embroidery.  I felt insane, because in the process of searching I found 10,000 other projects...as in what the heck am I doing with all this stuff????  How am I going to EVER finish them...and then, just before I went to bed I remembered where I had put the wool project.  As I related this whole crazy scenario to the embroidery group, Anne of Cotton 'n Wool piped up with, "we do it for the joy of it!"  Oye vey...this is the crazy leading the crazy...


Here is what I have decided to work on at the embroidery group...won't be done for this Halloween but will be hanging in the new place next year!

 Lots of fun stuff  being done!




Marla says hi to all her friends back in Virginia!   

8 comments:

  1. I am SEW glad that I am not ALONE!! I did the exact same thing...but never did find what I was looking for! After looking and taking inventory I started my UFO busting! Such a good feeling to finish a UFO...made me wonder why it became a UFO in the first place... I think it's the thrill of starting something new? You have a wonderful, talented group of stitchers...looks like fun!! Let's see you.. have a Woolie group and a Stitching Group...and a quilting group...retirement is pretty darn sweet, isn't it! Enjoy! Life is good!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL we creative nuts are all the same.. our minds wander faster to new projects than our hands and pocketbooks can keep up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your project, that is a fun piece.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sending along the greeting from Marla!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did a purge of some of my embroidery projects; the arthritis is making hand work much more difficult. Not ready to prune the quilting UFOs, though, nor the knitting/crocheting ones. Guess I need to spend more time stitching and less time on the computer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I miss you Marla...Glad you are enjoying your groups in Oregon.. Hello back to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The computer is one of my "daylight burners", though I've been trying to limit it much more over the past few months so that I can get more done. Mostly, though, my UFO "collection" (more like a supermarket of UFO's!) is from getting excited enough to be "in the zone" on a new idea or project. I've learned from experience that I can only be creative and do my best work if I'm "in the zone". Hence my linen closet collection of UFO's. There's a balance in there someplace, but the number one "rule" is that I have to be in that zone in order to work on anything.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the Crab-apple Hill blog posted a completed Which Witch's Boot just a few days ago & it is waaaay cool ... i think Kim (Kim's Big Quilting Adventure) is working on one, too ... i am still toiling my way through another Hocuspocusville and wondering what the hell i was thinking when i decided a friend (who doesn't embroider) needed her own and that i should to stitch it for her...

    ReplyDelete