Thursday, September 13, 2012

Oh My Tired Tootsies

The first day of the quilt show started in the vendor mall!!! It is hard to believe but more than one person told me that there are not near the crowds of years past!

Spotted Libby Lehman in one of the quilt show area. Day one for us included 6 different venues around the village where quilts were hung. And, a gigantic vendor mall!




The security dog has put on a little weight cause all the quilters kept bumping into each other and knocking bit of food out of their hands...maybe his jacket should have said janitor! Lol




The vendor mall was JAMMED! And it seemed like ther was no oxygen in the building...but, that did not prevent me from shopping. I won't be posting my vendor mall photo or quilt show photo until I get home and can make a slide show. But tomorrow I will post my purchases...ahhhh...now to figure out how to get them in my suitcase??!!!




This guy was sooo cute in his skirt and his Scottish accent...when I told him he was to cute...he said, "you're not so bad yourself." with a bit of a lilt




Got a photo of one of my travel mates Ida in front of the Aurafil thread display! S much fun!!




Found this guy outside our hotel and had to take a photo for HH, the sidecar holds the wife AND the dog!







Robin has been busy and finished 3 more blocks...Lori and I aren't doing near as good.




Tomorrow we visit 3 more villages and view more quilts...thank goodness there will be no vendor mall!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

5 comments:

  1. I love Scottish men in kilts! I could listen to them speak for as long as their voices held out. lol

    It sounds like a tiring first day....but wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naughty girl, flirting with cute scottish men, lol.
    Can't wait to see what you bought.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come to the valley and see men in kilts at the Country Fair next summer! Vendor temptations abound it appears...Robin, I admire your dedication to production.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's such an inspiring show and a wonderful venue! I am looking forward to your slides how pictures, as I'm sure you are getting to more exhibitions than I am!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaah, Sainte-Marie-Aux-Mines ! I went there 2 years ago and still have such sweet memories ;>) Actually, I'll go back by next year... THANKS a bunch for showing !

    I really LOVE those three blocks on a blue background, that your friend made. Coulc you please let meknow about the pattern name ? I'd be thrilled.

    ENJOY to the most the rest of your visit !

    XOXOXOXO
    NADINE (Belgium)

    ReplyDelete