Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Last Day in Beaune

Robin found a chocolate croissant that looked like a hedgehog...which meant it was going to be an interesting day!




We started with a tour of the original hospital in Beaune which was supported by the wealthy for all to use. It was fascinating, not only because of the medical care back then but because for all our advances in medicine it seems a good nurse can make the difference.







After the tour of the hospital turned museum...we headed to the mustard factory. Lori was trying her hand at making the perfect mustard paste.




I got some cool shot of silhouettes against the lit mustard jars! This is our fearless leader, Jeanne!




And this one of Andy! I think they would make wonderful quilts!




I had to have one more cappuccino before our travel across France...today we head back to Paris.




Before leaving I wanted to share one more photo...Robin Lori and I were out for dinner and at the next table was a woman with her cat on a leash! The cat just sat there calmly until the waiter brought a dish of cream...amazing sites in France!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments:

  1. Wow I'd love to take my cat out like that. But of course he would NEVER walk on a lead :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just imagine if I took my kitties to dinner, haha.
    Love the silhouette photos, that is a fun idea.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. (Home from Seattle...just caught up with your postings!) Loved the elegance of the hospital and the thoughtfulness of SOME wealthy folks. I wonder if that idea would fly amongst our wealthy? Bet not!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll bet that hospital was very efficient for the staff, though awfully noisy for the patients.

    Kitty looks like a svelte version of my kitty, though I seriously doubt that you could get her to accept a leash. This one is well mannered though!

    ReplyDelete