Monday, September 17, 2012

Jibber Jabber...French for Talking A Lot

The 5 Star hotel, Le Cedre has beautiful rooms. The toilette is in a separate room from the bathroom and there is a shower...which has not always been the case in our travels.




This arbor is located in the garden's of a museum that has a Salvedore Dali exhibit. Everything grows so lushly here and today began the grape harvest.





I thought I would share some of the stitching going on with my travel mates. Sashiko seems to be a popular project this trip. Sarah is working on a beautiful piece.




Lots do handwork at the back of the coach. Linda is hand piecing a grand mothers flower garden with fabric she obtained on two former trips to France.




...for me...one tread color and a little embroidery has kept me sane.




Even though I am far from home HH has been keeping me connected and up to date with the construction. Walls are up and so is the smoke. We have a substantial forest fire raging in the Sister's wilderness. God thing I am breathing clear air in France!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful garden area, love things like that and always wanted to do my back yard with gardens and bridges, but that will never happen, lol. It won't be long before you will be picking out interior decor.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The path looks so charming...very nice. Love your fancy bug you are working on! That's a funky little body he has! You will be so excited to walk among your new walls in your home! Pretty exciting! LOL, sorry for all the explanation points...I can't get them off for some reason!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, love the garden! The embroidery looks great, as does your house construction. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the peek at everyone's hand work while travelling......always have needle and thread at the ready for just those moments!

    How long before your home will be complete? I'll bet you are looking forward to moving in. :-)

    ReplyDelete