Saturday, September 15, 2012

Freiburg, Lake Titisee and a visit to the Clock Museum

I just had to start today's post with a thought of mom. I received some photos today of her boat in this years Double Angle Race with Monterey in the background. It is still hard for me to fathom she is gone...that it has been a year since she died in this very race. But, she would be so proud that her boat was in the race and place 4th!




As you have heard me lament over and over again...I dislike driving and prefer to travel as like a queen...I mean passenger. Our coach was so comfortable and the view was spectacular! I so appreciate all the effort Jeanne has put into planning the logistics of making 19 people happy.



The streets of Freiburg were amazing! I can't imagine how long it must have taken to lay the stones. Each one was only about 1 inch by 2-3 inches.




I was so happy to find an "A". When I was last in Europe I found my name and letter everywhere...this was the first one this trip.




The Freiburg Market Place in the church square was open for business and the colors were spectacular!




I couldn't help it...thinking about my mom this week and when she traveled to Germany she hand carried 3 clocks back home...so I got HH and I one!! I am so excited!




When we got to Lake Titsee I bought us a raddler which I had when I visit Germany with Connor. I am not a beer drinker but on the recommendation of a German neighbor I ordered a raddler, which is beer with some lemonade mixed in...yummy.




I lost Robin but ran into this Viking woman...she can hold her beer pretty good! Lol




The view from the coach was right out of a postcard!







Our last stop was the Clock Museum...and boy did they have a collection...all kinds of clocks, not just coco clocks.




Walking around town...I just couldn't pass up this photo. Here we were on vacation but the rest of the world is turning with daily tasks. How lucky are we!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

  1. That is wonderful to see your mom's boat in the race and I know she was sitting at the bow, spurring them on;) Love the scenery, you really have a wonderful tour.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adventure! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photos are fantastic! The one of your mom's boat with Monterey in the background makes me homesick and leaves me wanting to go out on the pier for either a fresh halibut dinner or a bread bowl filled with clam chowder!

    ReplyDelete