Thursday, August 9, 2012

Whirling Dervish!

I am a whirling dervish...a Tasmanian Devil...a road runner on crack...I missed my massage appointment this week because I am not organized!!! Yesterday I had a moment.  I really love my massage appointments not because they are relaxing...they are sometimes tortuous but, it has keep me out of a surgeon's office...and towards the end of each session she does help me relax.  She is definitely a body therapist.  For you locals you can contact Diana Durham of Akitsu-Shima Holistic Massage at 541-788-0787 

I got an email from my friend Jeanne who is leading our trip to France...remember...a QUILT TRIP to France!!!  She has an opening for "one" person!!!  But you have to act fast...so if you are interested in looking at quilts!...in France!...with me and a couple of Fabric Stalkers...and some new friends...contact Jeanne right away at jeanne@go-fast.org

So, after my moment I decided...it really wasn't all my fault...I just needed a better system.  I know myself so well and can tell when I am stressed.  Suddenly the drone of Spider Solitaire on the computer is calling me and an hour later I am running around the house yelling...oh #$%^.  I need a new calendar!  I was much better when I had one of those purse/pocket calendars because it was always with me.  Getting appt. cards and hoping I get them home and transfer the info to the computer is much like gambling.  Obviously, the rest of the world must be have the same issue because the choices are astounding!




A personalized calendar is so individual.  I must have spent 30 minutes looking at them...weekly, monthly, little, big, theme'd, cutesy, sophisticated...oye vey!  In the past I have used a monthly calendar but, this time I am venturing into weekly territory.  We will have to see how it goes.

After swimming class I get to head over to the design center and talk with the builder about color, product and the house.  It is such a nicely designed compact place with a nice flow.  I am so blessed to have a friend like Anne & Mr. Cottons 'n Wool who have recently been through this process with the same builder.  I took the plans over and we discussed light placement, plug placement, doors...I can't not tell you what a relief it was to have this support.

Well, Enzo needs a walk and I need a swim...hope you have a wonderful Thursday!

PS.  Got the wedding fans and jars done.  lost my last game of Spider Solitaire.

8 comments:

  1. You crack me up. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also get lost in Spider Solitaire, seems I can't get passed 65% wins. A paper (large) calendar that my keyboard sits on works for me. Can't miss seeing it. Has large spaces to write in for each day. Ya know, the memory seems to fade with retirement. We have built a few houses-----put in more outlets than you think you need----always the one you need the most is behind a piece of furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been using a pocket monthly planner from Lang for years now and love it (new one each year). It keeps the year at my fingertips and feels 'homey' to me :-) Not sure I'll ever use a phone app...assuming I ever get a phone that has those!
    Exciting to hear about your building plans. Your site has a beautiful view! Will you still be close to a town where you ride Patty?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the Mary Englebreit calenders that slip into a little sleeve. You can glance at a full month at a time and they fit into almost every purse I use.

    I like the pocket, because it keeps the pages from flapping open and you can tuck slips of paper with notes, directions etc. and they don't fall out.

    Good luck with finding one that works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Swim lessons or exercise classes? I like to do water walking, great exercise and can do it in one spot.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, I was ROFLOL - "roadrunner on crack". We have some around here so I had a great visual. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I get my pocket calendar at Target o let! $1.00 and I love it....oops..however you will no longer shop at Target! Just don't go to the North end of the store (food area) and you are good to go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Control Z, Control Z, control z, etc... back to a place where you can replay and WIN !

    ReplyDelete