Friday, August 10, 2012

What Would I Do Without Girlfriends?!

looking through my camera I realized that I still have photos from earlier in the week.  They won't be coming out in order cause after all I am a little disorganized! lol  I think that the most important question of the day is...What would I do without girlfriends!?  When life is moving faster than ever you can rest your soul in the company of girlfriends...and that is just what I have been doing this week!  Do you ever feel like you would go insane if not for your girlfriends?

Woolie Tuesday was so relaxing (we missed you Sandy) QuiltWorks is such a wonderful spot to take a few stitches.  When you need to stretch your legs you can always go shop! lol  3 yds. later I felt relaxed! lol  I'll show you on a future blog.

Mary R. made this simply sweet quilt as a shower gift for her personal trainer!  I wouldn't give diddly squat to someone who yells, "harder, harder...you sissy!"  Well, her trainer actually doesn't say that to her...obviously, doesn't make her do a dang thing otherwise why would she like her enough to make her a quilt?


She also made this really fun pictograph quilt with embroidered motifs!


Jo Ann made this adorable little quilt.  When you click on the photo it will enlarge...which you must do because she used decorative stitches on her sewing machine to quilt the border!  I am going to remember that idea.


Finally...HH and I spent 2 hours with Stacey Strain Designer who helped us work through the decisions of what product, stain and paint color we wanted in our home.  Wow!  What a fun exciting process...it is a good thing we know what we like and went through and decided fairly quickly.  After 35 years together I guess we have compromise down pat! lol


3 comments:

  1. Ohhhh I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your compromises!! Perfect choices!!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you, wish I could have someone redo my kitchen, but we will have to do the cabinets ourselves, so looking at ones online. The generic store ones are ugly and I can get nice ones for the same price online and I love your cabinet front, what type are they?

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo, love your choices! Isn't it wonderful to have all those years together with your "best friend" and be able to work together so well?

    ReplyDelete