Saturday, August 11, 2012

Heat Quilters

I am not sure if you would call Central Oregon Heat Quilters or Hot Quilters....as in sizzling hot!  We have had some warm weather but I think for the most part people are not complaining...when snow is only a few short months away...we'll take the HOT! (oh and this thermometer is in the shade)


Here I am catching up on some photos from this last Monday at the Material Girls.  It is so funny how everyone enjoys their quilts but hates to be in the photo!  Isn't this a wonderful applique quilt!


...and look at the flowers!!!


Here was Marilyn's submission to the MG's challenge quilt contest.  If you remember the challenge was circles and the title of her quilt is Yo Yo's are circles too!


Dang that Anne...she brought 2 extra patterns to pass on at cost...and off course I couldn't pass it up!  Good thing I am going to live till I am 175 years old...me and Moses...wonder if he was a quilter and that is why he lived so long...GOD said, "Moses, GO Forth and finish your UFO's!"


Aren't these quilts amazing!  Anne of Cottons 'n Wool has been one busy girl!  Are you listening Cakers....that border really does pop the quilt!  No short cuts!!!


...and just like Marilyn, Anne is a quilt enabler and is finishing this one up for a friend.  What I don't understand is why the 2 of them won't finish up one of MINE!!!!


I told Lori yesterday...I can't wait till late Fall when I can say, "Wonder what I feel like doing?"  In the meantime I am just collecting dreams.

7 comments:

  1. lol I'm always dreaming of being "unbusy" and wondering what I want to do next! It's just never happened before.

    What wonderful quilts! I would have bought those two patterns also. They were really cute ones!

    As for the temp on that thermometer...I have you beat by about 27 degrees! lol We're REALLY looking forward to late October so we can go outside again without getting heatstroke!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. I wonder what the name of the pattern is for the white quilt with the flower applique? love it!

    Love the buttermilk basin patterns too...

    got my panel...thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful quilts and work on them. I am too hot and tired to do much today, need something simple to keep my hands busy.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those quilts are awesome - now for your "heat" - I would give anything for it to be in the 80's or even 90 here Redding, Ca) - it's been 103 to 108 for the last week and we are looking at another week of it - at least!!! Enjoy...............

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilts! I could use a few quilt fairies myself to help get a few quilts finished! Lol! Temps have been very hot here too in Manitoba, Canada. I suspect when -40 rolls around, we'll be wishing for these hot days again.

    Great blog! Really enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely here in Eugene, light breeze most of the day and a clear blue sky. Gorgeous appliqued quilts! I especially like the one with the feet...ha, ha, ha!

    ReplyDelete