Monday, July 9, 2012

Wild Hare Fiber

Yesterday the temperature reached in the 90's...but, I was not complaining!  Gathering up my sister and her girlfriends we headed to Sisters for some "stimulating the economy" shopping and the Fiber Stroll.  The influx of tourist for the Gem Show, Quilter's Affair and just plain 'ol enjoying Sisters was amazing!  I will have a slide show of our shopping adventure and some of the Fiber Stroll tomorrow.  Today, I am going to share with you a real treat...especially if you are a Woolie! The first time I met Cathy was at the Sunriver Quilt Show 2011 where she was selling her packs of hand dyed wool with the help of Woolie Follower, Michelle.  This year she has opened a seasonal shop for the month of July in Sisters with a variety of "quilty" stuff but the predominate theme is WOOL!


Although my intention was to just watch my sister and her girlfriends infuse the Sister economy...I succumbed to the call of sooooo much beautiful wool....that led me down a slippery slope of purchasing a pair of flip flops at Sundance Shoes...what can I say...it's my sister's fault.  Here is a photo of my wool haul...I got a kit (dang it batman), 2 wool rolls and 2 snowman with all their clothes already cut out!!!...like wool paperdolls! lol  I was feeling so overwhelmed that I bought a wool wall-hanging that was already made by Cathy so I wouldn't have another kit to add to my growing pile!



Have fun viewing the slide show and if you see something you like you can come on down to Wild Hare Fiber on Hood in Sisters or check out the Wild Hare Online . Oh and Michelle...clever to have avoided being in any photo!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This free digital slideshow generated with Smilebox

9 comments:

  1. AUGH! I'm trying to stay on budget, but that hope is gone. Plus I HAVE to call in sick to work today, so I can get up to Sisters and this amazing wool shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you would walk in and not buy something, lol. I have been avoiding any shopping trips up north, will go in the fall, that way I can replenish my stock and get some gifts. No way can I walk in a quilt store without taking something home;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow everything looked way cool. Is the shop just there for the quilt show or is it going to be there ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ack! What a fabulous shop! She is going to sell out. Very savvy of you to go the week before the crowds. Choice pickings! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun place to go! I would have no money left if I did though. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for telling us about this shop. I will certainly have to stop by there Wednesday as I pass through Sisters on the way to Bend. Good to go before the infamous outdoor show on Saturday with the hoardes of humans everywhere! Love the wall hanging you bought!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Ann, we are there for the month of July, however, after that, the website will be up and running with LOTS of things to purchase. www.wildharefiberonline.com

    Anna....THANK YOU for such a wonder blog post on the shop. I am good at NOT getting my picture taken! hee hee.

    I will be back to Sisters on Thursday to help Cathy with the shop.

    Thank you for all that will be coming in to support the shop.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Quilt shop envy..yep...that's what I have. You live in such a fun place! One day I shall visit Oregon.
    xx

    ReplyDelete