Saturday, July 14, 2012

Sweet Exhaustion...

Shopping in Sisters and especially at the Stitchin' Post is always an adventure...ran into this guy who really appreciates quilts! lol  not really...I didn't run into him...but, I am sure he appreciates quilts because he is on the cover of the Men and Quilts Calendar that can be purchased at the Stitchin' Post!



This week has been amazing and exhausting...I am definitely gonna need a nap (soon)!  Have you ever seen a dog chase it's tail...envision me doing the same thing...not pretty.  I opened a package from Primitive Gatherings and immediately went to..."what the hey is this???  I didn't order this...what is the name of this??? oooohhhh yeah....I am signed up for the Christmas Gatherings BOM.  Phew...thought I was going crazy!  Then yesterday I saw a package from Bird Brain...I know I didn't order anything from them this month!!!  As soon as I saw the pattern I was stumped...yes, I really really wanted it...but I thought I had my big girl panties on and refrained from ordering it...but, wait...maybe I did???  I am looking at the shipping paper work and I'm not losing my mind!!!  In fact I am the luckiest girl around.  My bestie Colleen had ordered it for me!!!  I remember wishing on the blog that I really needed/wanted it!  Colleen you are the heart of my heart! Thank you!!!!!!!



I have so many photos of amazing art and people that it is going to have to be posted over several days...cause guess what!  The Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show is today!!!   The slide show is a peek at the Stitchin' Post Quilt Shop and the lecture that my sis, Robin and I attended on the the collaborative art of water colorist Kathy Deggendorfer and quilt artist Toney Phillips.  How lucky for us that they like working together! lol  I apologize for the quality of the photos as it was a slide show in a darkened auditorium.  

Enjoy and I wish you all could be here in person...it is amazing! 

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This photo slideshow personalized with Smilebox


5 comments:

  1. Wow! I love the work that those two ladies produce! Painting and quilting together... That's something that I've been working on teaching myself to do, so it's awesome to see a team who have successfully done it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's the Christmas Gatherings BOM? I looked on their website and could not find anything on it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think you are having too much fun, lol. What a wonderful thing for Colleen to do, that is a fun pattern.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the slide show, a real feel for the quilts, stores and paintings.. Thanks so much for posting all the pics to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete