Thursday, July 12, 2012

Sue Spargo at Quilter's Affair Sisters, Oregon



What can I say...yesterday was all cake!  Val, Robin and I were signed up for Sue Spargo's Circle Class.  We showed up with our homework done...but found out there was a reason not to fuse...oh well, so our pieces weren't as poofy as everybody else's.  Live and learn.  The class was full and our table included Kathleen from Alameda (who checks in on the Woolie blog...how lucky to meet a fellow Woolie), Vicki from Salem, Oregon and Judy from Alabama!  The perfect complement of personalities.  The class proved to be exactly what I was looking for...how to make those unusual embroidery stitches on wool.  I am excited about using what I learned today on the wool flower basket I was working on a few weeks ago!  Since I love the Prim look it will be fun to see how the variety of stitches can be used on my projects.

If you like wool and embroidery...you are really going to love the slide show.  I took many close ups of the stitches so I could refer to them later.  We also did some shopping after class but that slide show will have to wait till tomorrow...cause there is just soooooo much to enjoy!

The schedule tomorrow includes lunch in Sisters with Robin and my sis...then a lecture by Tonye Phillips and Kathy Deggendorfer!  I can't wait to introduce my sis to the World of Quilting!



Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Free picture slideshow made with Smilebox

11 comments:

  1. Lucky you, so fun to take one of her classes and learn the different types of stitches. Love to embellish my pieces and good to practice.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love the slideshow today!! So spill it about why not fusing makes it poofy. I suspect that it's because the adhesive holds every bit of the fiber to the background, and doesn't allow it to lift off it to leave little pockets of air. But inquiring minds need to know! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful slideshow! Love every design! Thanks for sharing! Ilene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous....can't wait to see your project and what you bought!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the slideshow - so much inspiration and now I need to get back to my Sue Spargo BOM blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's not doing my computer any good when I drool all over the keyboard, but I just couldn't help it watching that slide show! I went onto Sue's website and found out that she is going to be teaching a class an hour from here in November, so I emailed the store right away. I think the only thing more fun than working with wool would be to use all those yummy threads and stitches on the wool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG!! WOW!! what an fabulous slide show!! Sue's class would be an awesome one to take...I'm going to have to put the Embroidery Bible on my wish list. Thanks for sharing and the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH...MY....GOSH!!!! I'm gonna totally pass out from pure envy!!! SUE SPARGO!! My Idol! My hero!!! You lucky, lucky bunny!!!!! :) :) :)
    Mega jealousy here. MEGA! hee,hee,hee.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. She has gotten a few more projects done since she was in Des Moines! Fun fun! I will be watching that smilebox again! Be sure to show us your progress as you get circles completed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! Can you tell how green I am? Green with ENVY! Looks like such a FABULOUS class.........and yeah.....those were some pretty neat toes. LOL!

    ReplyDelete