Sunday, July 15, 2012

Sisters...The Quilt Capital

Well it happened again...one day, on the second Saturday in July, a small town at the base of the Cascade Mountains transforms into...a quilter's dream, quilt capital, quilt central...you name it!  We always head out early, as in 6 am...get a parking space at the park and walk to The Gallery for breakfast.  The Gallery was already packed with other early birds.  I always get a kick out of taking the early morning photo and the one later in the day.  What a difference.  ODOT (Oregon Dept. of Transportation) closes the highway and reroutes traffic around town so that quilters can rule the road!  This year was extra special because I was sharing the quilt show with my sis and her girlfriend.  Neither of them are quilters!  They were amazed!



...and starting at 7 am the quilts are hung...by 9 am the show is in full swing!  This year the weather was perfect...not too hot, not too cold.  I heard that a thunder shower moved in the later afternoon, but I was already back home.


I have sooooo many photos of all of the fun this past week that I am going to spread it out over the next few days.  Otherwise you would have to either call in sick, skip class or stay in your PJ's to get through them all! lol  Today's slide show features the teacher's quilts.  This area of the Quilt Show features the quilts that have been made by the instructors that taught at the Quilter's Affair.  Get a cuppa coffee and enjoy!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Customize a free slideshow

10 comments:

  1. SIMPLY AMAZING... Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those were awesome quilts!!! I only wish that I were there to see it all in person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for all the great photos for all of us who couldn't be there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! Thanks for taking me along with you!! Enjoyed every moment!!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so weird not being there this year. Thanks for the photos! The herons are by Barbara Shapel. She is a super fun teacher if you ever get the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of amazing quilts and really love the art pieces.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun! Looking forward to Quiet River! :) Please bring your Sue Spargo stuff to share. Thanks for the photos -- it was like I was there (but Visa was sad he didn't get to come out and play...)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for great "Quilt Show" and I didn't spend any money. Pictures were wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am happy that there are Quilters like you that take pictures and share them on your blog. My dream is to someday see the Sister's show in person. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete