Thursday, July 5, 2012

Post 4th Bliss

I hope your 4th of July was everything you imagine it to be...mine turned out even better!  I seem to be sleeping in since my retirement began. Which I find fascinating because I have never been able to sleep in before.  I woke up to the sound of HH making his magic...which included the smell of coffee and pancakes!  By 9:30 we headed downtown for the Pet Parade.  It used to be this little parade made up of kids on their bikes or kids dragging their pets along Wall Street.  Now it has evolved into coming down Wall St. and going up Bond Street with half the town watching and half the town participating!  There are as many adults in the parade either walking with their children or grandchildren (no one nowadays would let their kids walk with animals alone out of sight) or, which seemed to me...adults living through a second childhood.  Anyhoo...loads of fun!

We decided to skip the craft fair and recreational events in the park.  Instead decided to do some last minute touches to Quiet River in anticipation of my sister and her friends arrival tomorrow.  That included moving a desk I had my eye on from there to my sewing room.  I had my Big Board sitting on some plastic drawer boxes but it wasn't stable and, I would have to sit to iron.  HH secured the BB to the desk top and I now have a wonderful ironing space.  Although I don't have time now I am going to paint the base white.  I love how comfortable the height it for ironing...no more aching back!


Enjoy the slideshow...you either will wish you lived here in Bend...or be glad you don't!  I know us Bendites believe we are living in a piece of paradise!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a free photo slideshow


4 comments:

  1. A wonderful day, indeed. A new pressing surface - woohoo!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful parade! You've made my day! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun, always enjoy a small town parade.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like so much fun! What a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete