Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A Heat Wave

Well we have been having a heat wave...not a tropical one...since there isn't any humidity here.  But a  heat wave nether the less.  Seems during Quilt Show week we either have a heat wave or a forest fire...we'll take the heat any day!


When I have gotten a chance to get in the sewing room I have been working on a project...can't show you yet but, pretty soon.  I am on the precipice of giving up diet soda....this was the last can.  It shouldn't be hard because I have been successful before. But I do love drinking a diet soda and eating sunflower seeds while working in my sewing room...some habits are hard to break!  Do you have any eating or drinking habits while you are sewing?


Today I head over to Sisters for my Sue Spargo class!  I got the heads up from another quilting friend that they were not running the air conditioner so it would keep up with the heat...it has been in the 90's!  you know...the...90's!!!  so I am bringing my personal fan which in all it's cute redness should provided at the very least...air circulation! And best of all I get to open that little packet that said...don't open!  See what a great student I am!  I am ready and I didn't open the little packet!  Wish me luck and tomorrow I will have photos of a fabulous class!


5 comments:

  1. Yea!!! You did your homework!!! lol Have a great time at the class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are getting the heat back too, but can't complain, better than cold, lol. I would hate going to a class without air, I would not last long.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whaaa...I wanna be in that class...it was so much fun. You will be having a great time. Hope the heat wave is gone by then!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That class will be so much fun! Good thinking to bring your own little fan - I think I will add that to my list of what to bring to classes/retreats (at least in the summer). The humidity has finally gone from here, although I hate to complain too much because at least it feels like summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oy...no air conditioning? Can't wait to hear or see your pics from the class...trying to head over there..but am waiting to hear back from my doctor as I fear I have a sinus infection...feel cruddy....

    ReplyDelete