Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Count Down!

Yes, us local quilters are counting down to the start of the Quilter's Affair and the 37th Annual Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show and over the years we also have the Festival of Classes sponsored by BJ's Quilt Basket.  For over a week there is so much "Quilt" going on that the hard part is deciding what to participate in...my only wish is that I could do it all!  Since my time is limited this year I have to decide how to spend my precious quilt time.

On Sunday I am going to take my sister and her girlfriends to Sisters for the "Around the Block Fiber Art Stroll."  From noon-4 pm you can stroll the businesses of Sisters and observe textile artist displaying and demonstrating their work.  Festival of Classes at BJ's Quilt Basket starts on July 6th and there a few spots left!  If I didn't have guest arriving on July 6th I would have signed up for the mystery with Linda Ballard! The next event I am enrolled in is on Wed. with Sue Spargo.  I had better get my homework done!  On Thursday, I am attending a lecture by Tonye Phillips and Kathy Deggendorfer and I am going to bring my sis along!  

For those of you coming to the show...I hope I run into you!  I won't have Enzo with me so you may not recognize me! lol




You have got to check out the Stitchin' Post blog and read about this quilter and her fabulous quilt!  Amazing!



I for sure am going to try and cut some quilting time out of today...but we'll see how that turns out! lol  Before you leave...check out this wonderful Give Away from Teresa's Creative Whims !

5 comments:

  1. I would love to go to the show, always wonderful quilts and vendors.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just on retreat with Linda Ballard (this was our groups 18th year together) - she is one of my quilting buddies in Redding. When I lived in Weaverville I used to help her with her retreats and she would baby sitter our quilt shop when we had to leave town. If you haven't been you'll have to try and make one of her retreats - it's fun - she'll treat you really good. Have a Happy 4th...........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make sure you take lots of pictures...that way I get to go too!!
    Thanks!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will hope to see you in Wild Hare
    Fiber on the art stroll as both Cathy and Luann will be featured artists!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am with you in spirit...Have a great time!!

    ReplyDelete