Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Postal Love!

For those of you that have been around the Woolie blog since last summer...you know how I felt about my postal person and my postal box.  To make a long story short for the newbies, I had such a stressful summer with all that was going on in the family unit that I could not keep up with my BOW's or BOM's.  The way I dealt with it was to not pick up my mail.  My postal person would stuff it...I mean stuff it to the gills and when I would finally get up the courage to go down the road to get it I would have to put one foot on the postal box and pull!  Oh yeah...I am talking full.  But a lot changes in a year and I am entering summer with a whole lot less stress...and I am...retired!!!!  Oh yeah, I had to say it!  Today I practically skipped to the postal box and it was filled with "postal love!"

A congratulations on your retirement card from my childhood bestie, Colleen and she picked out my favorite artist.  Curly Girl Designs...love her stuff!  This is the front of the card and I truly believe given a cape and a nice tiara I could not only save the world...but rule it!!!LOL


Then I opened a surprise!!!!  OMG I could not believe it!  One of the Woolie followers saw some fabric I posted on the blog, called the shop, ordered some and told them where they saw it!  Vicki as a thank you for supporting her shop send me a gift card!!!  I could not believe it!!!  Thank you Vicki fro BJ's Quilt Basket and thank you Sandy for letting them know you saw it on the Woolie!



Drum roll....yes!!!! yes!!! yes!!...it arrived!  Primitive Gatherings BOW's first block and the little freebie block!  I love them both!!! and can't wait to get started.


It is looking like this summer I am going to be all about "postal love."  I have lots to look forward to this summer!

6 comments:

  1. That crow block is awesome!! Wow! You had a great day at the mailbox!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful gifts and love your new wool blocks, the crow will be a lot of fun to do.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound SO happy and carefree, good! You are slipping into retirement quite nicely. Nothing like new projects to get those juices flowing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are welcome and "Thank you". I had a little "postal love" myself - my fabric arrived yesterday!! It is just what I have been looking for - love it! This afternoon I leave for a 5 day retreat - can't wait. Oh and I like the new book/block too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous postal love! :-) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a lovely surprise - that's the difference between a good quilt shop and a great quilt shop! My package from Primitive Gathering is in the mail - I can't wait...and then I have to keep up with it! My retirement is far down the road...

    ReplyDelete