Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Checking Out The Quilting Community

I have a couple of things to share with you...one is this fantastic penny rug made by my friend Nancy! This was not a kit but scraps from her wool pile.  She did a wonderful job of picking her wool out and if you click on the photo to enlarge you'll see her effective stitching on the pineapples!  This pattern is definitely on my list of must makes!


I was invited to the home of local quilter Mary R. to check out her sewing room and stitch a little.  I am not sure if I was more blown away by her sewing room or her yard.  This time of year Central Oregonians get excited about gardening but the weather this week has been down right freezing AND there has been snow in the mountains...brrrrr    But if there is one thing that happens when it is cold is quilters get together!  Enjoy the slide show!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Customize a slideshow

6 comments:

  1. What a nice space she has, roomy. What's your space like Anna?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know about anyone else but I'm jealous of that sewing room! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her home and her decorations. I did start some cleaning and organizing today, but unless I have a yard sale, I will never get organized, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! What a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Goodness! Love that pineapple quilt! And what a lovely home your friend has. Sewing room tours are great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how large and open her sewing space is! The house looks beautiful, but I would HATE to clean it!! lol I, too, have a dream about making something like that with yo-yos...but I tend to call it a nightmare! So many of them to make... I seriously love how much space she has. Wow!

    ReplyDelete