Monday, June 11, 2012

California Dreamin'

A perfect weekend in California because when the weather is gorgeous, then all else seems ok.  I went down to be with family for Ernie's memorial and some of you have asked to see a photo of him.  In this photo he is about 90 years old, still doing repairs and still standing upright on a sail boat.  When he was about 84 he had a heart attack while in Bend...did that stop him...NO.  He was an industrious and self sufficient Nebraskan who raised his family in California.  Mom and Ernie needed each other and lived long lives because of each other.  



Since I was flying down we took care of a little business...as in 1 hour then then rest of the time was to be enjoyed with family.  With that said I confess that I only appliqued 1 leaf...yep...no sewing.  The closest I came to sewing was a sewing machine display at the San Francisco airport on my flight out! lol

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This free photo slideshow generated with Smilebox

Have a great Monday!

5 comments:

  1. I am glad you enjoyed your trip and settle things so you can relax and fill your thoughts with happy memories.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicariously enjoyed the trip to SF...Whirlwind journey for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great photo of Ernie, your mom, and Pete. That's wonderful you were down to celebrate his life and relive some SF moments of your own. Wonderful photos of Chinatown! love, Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I felt cooler just watching the pics of SF! Thanks for sharing....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was that Bruce in the photo? It doesn't surprise me what a guy Ernie was after reading that he was a Nebraskan. I would love to know more about him; is there an online obit that I could read?

    ReplyDelete