Thursday, May 3, 2012

You, You, You...It's All About You!

One of the benefits of writing a daily blog is the encouragement and stimulation I get on a daily basis from the Woolie followers.  Although it is hard to imagine being bored with the life I am living...I do get tired of my own story, drama, UFOs and WIPs.  And, I love hearing your drama! lol  Yes, us humans like to know we aren't walking this life alone.  I love being able to say..."no way...you have how many kits!?" or "dang...you don't have time to quilt cause you are the touchstone in your family!  Me too!"

You have been generous enough to send me photos of what you have been working on and sharing the walk you are walking.  Cause girlfriends, I need to know that we are all in this together!

Here are some photos sent by a couple of Woolie followers that I know you will enjoy!  

Mary (Cornwoman to all of you checking out the comments) made this ditty bag as a gift for her granddaughter and filled it with items that any young girl would love!  Great gift idea!


This is her March UFO.  I love the yellow and green, reminds me of sunflowers!  And what a great idea to make the quilting be the focal point.  I have some wonderful quilt templates that I have collected over the years which would be awesome as a wall hanging.


One of our local quilters "Mari from Madras" as she is known made these next 2 penny rugs.  She is a prolific wooler and never fails to have something for show 'n tell!


I love this one...Flakes from Heaven!


Enjoy your Thursday...after all it is the only Thursday this week!

10 comments:

  1. Thanks, Anna for posting the penny rugs. I'm totally inspired to get going for Christmas gifts for my girls!! I see a snowman rug in each of their futures.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! aren't they adorable...I will be sharing more gift ideas in the future.

      Delete
  2. I'm partial to snowmen, and really love these penny rugs.

    Thanks for showing the couple of gifts that I've already made this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are way ahead of a lot of us! But you have inspired many...so watch out!

      Delete
  3. I really enjoy being able to talk with and meet new friends online, who I might never have met otherwise.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! I love kayaking with you! lol

      Delete
  4. These penny rugs are just beautiful and love that ditty bag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Voy a agregar a la bolsa a mi lista de regalos de hacer. las alfombras centavo haré por mí mismo! lol

      Delete
  5. Nice little show and tell. That's what is so great about blogs! Show and tell whenever we want it! Thanks for showing us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and it doesn't take any gas to get there and enjoy it!

      Delete