Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Shop Hop Booty!

Can you believe it is May!!!  The last 12 months have been a blur.  It was in May of 2011 that mom started a downhill slide.  I wrote this blog post on June 1, 2011.  How life changed that summer.  Here May has arrived again and both mom and Ernie are now sailing the heavens.  sheesh...you can't blink cause something else will be different.

May was named for the Roman Goddess of Spring and Growth, Maia.  The month of May bring flowers and holidays...in the month of May we observe, Memorial Day, Mother's Day, Armed Forces Day, the Kentucky Derby and for many of us that enjoy the Mexican culture...Cinco de Mayo...margarita time!

But as I slide into this first day of May I must share what I purchased in the last weekend in April!  Shop Hop Booty!


I love this starch.  This is the first time I have seen the lemon/lime flavor!  It leaves no residue on the fabric and smells great!


I have entered a compulsive pincushion phase and I couldn't pass up this one that looks like a pie.  Why you ask?  Because I cannot make a real pie so I am going to make a fabric pie!  Bought the kit at Sew Many Quilts for $12.99  call if you want one!


The reason I bought this pattern is because I thought the littlest figure would make a cute pincushion and the other reason is I always like saying the word, "Babushka!"


another Pincushion pattern...but really, could you have passed up this one?!


My goal this Shop Hop was to establish a small 1/2 yd cut of Homespun Fabrics.  I did well since they were all on sale.  This is going to help me with my house BOM project that I am doing with Anne and Sandy.

these last photos are of the 2 pieces of fabric that I purchased at Material Girl in Redmond, Oregon...just because!  



Give me a break...no one could pass up these cats!  I couldn't and I'm allergic to cats!  I think I am going to make an apron with them!



What can I say....I'm going to France and well....I just had to have it!

have a great Tuesday!

12 comments:

  1. You definitely had a great weekend! My faces are the homespun and the cat fabric. lol They are funny "furry people".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a homespun stash, love homespun and hard to find the nice softer weights, love them in bed quilts. I have that kitty material, I won it, so now I need to figure out what I want to make with mine.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow! I have never seen that kitty fabric and I love it! I am having difficulty finding the light cream colored homespuns...will continue to hunt!

      Delete
  3. Love the kitty fabric! I made it to all of the shops this year. Such great fabrics every where.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't we the luckiest to live here!

      Delete
  4. What great finds...especially the kitty fabric which I LOVE. Please can you tell me what the line is called or who is the designer?
    Many thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a 2011 Kona Bay fabric. I know for sure that Material Girl in Redmond, Oregon has a bolt...at least as of last weekend!

      Delete
  5. I heard the "SCORE!" clear up here in Canada!! Love the Homespuns and NO, I don't want to know how much you paid!!..so OK...how much did you pay? They are gorgeous!!
    P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well I can't tell you cause I care about your well being tooooo much!

      Delete
  6. and May is Birthday month! (for me) Yay! Love all the home spuns and I am a cat lover! Love, love, love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooohh Happy Birthday!!! you know the Stitchin Post gives you a percentage discount based on you years...but you're too young to get much!

      Delete