Saturday, May 5, 2012

Quilter's Sew-Ciety of Redding, Calif. at QuiltWorks!

You know how I keep sharing with anyone who will make eye contact with me that I live it Quilter's Nirvana.  Well south of the Oregon border is a guild that also has extraordinary quilters.  The Quilter's Sew-Ciety of Redding, California!  I am not sure how Marilyn and Dave of QuiltWorks pulls it off each and every month but the First Friday events are amazing and you will not be disappointed with May's showing.  I was speechless...which doesn't happen very often!  The May First Friday event not only included the Sew-Ciety but local Quilt Artist Dianne Browning.  I could not do either exhibit justice by combining them. So, today you get the slide show "River of Quilts" and tomorrow Quilt Artist Dianne Browning!

The Quilter's Sew-Ciety was started in 1978 by 8 charter members and now hosts over 200!  And like any other guild have subgroups of activities, retreats, shows and lectures.  The River of Quilts follows the Sacramento river with all it's beauty, activity and history.  I hope you can see these quilts in person but if not enjoy the slide show.  I have set the slide show at longer intervals between slides but remember if you need more time you can stop the slide...and for goodness sake enlarge the view!  

Enjoy and don't forget tomorrow you are going to be WOW'd again!!! 


Click on the photo and it will enlarge enough to read!



Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Customize your own photo slideshow

11 comments:

  1. The quilts are beautiful! So artistic and creative! Anna, your music is so appropriate for the slide show! I enjoyed watching it while having my morning coffee! Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The quilts are amazing! Being a traditional quilter I am always in awe by the art quilts. I love picking out the music...thank you for commenting on my choice.

      Delete
  2. Wow!
    Never have I been so entranced by a slide show, such beautiful pieces, wonderful interpretations and art forms. Now I want to go make something.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is one of those you want to watch over and over again. I feel like I am floating down the river!

      Delete
  3. That was just so awesome. Talented ladies. I got the biggest laught out of the 'bathing beauties'----yikes, that's why you won't see this body in a swimsuit--lol! Thanks for sharing this with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as you were with your besties and no other person or animal were in sight! Lol

      Delete
  4. This was wonderful! It reminded me of what some of my art quilt friends online call a "slice" project, where a hostess slices up a photo that only she sees. Then she gives/sends a slice of the photo to each participant, who then creates a quilt slice (the size is predetermined) and sends it back to the hostess. Then the hostess gets to make (and keep) the quilt all of them together to make up the original photo. The ones that I've seen are fabulous, and it's a pretty exciting type of challenge, but I would always want to be the one who gets to keep all of the slices. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you are so right...I would not be happy with just a slice...I would want the whole pie!!

      Delete
  5. This is phenomenal! I don't want to turn it off! I love the music. Yes, I feel like I'm floating down the river. Beautifully done! Carole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is one I will play over and over again...to relax!

      Delete
  6. I want to thank you for putting our beautiful quilts to music and a slideshow. These quilts just finished a 2 year exhibit. These were done as a "challenge" for 2012. Our 2014 "challenge" will be featured at the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show, and as the co-coordinator for that exhibit also, it promises to be even more spectacular! Hope you can come to see it! Cris

    ReplyDelete