Thursday, May 17, 2012

Change...You Can Do It!

Right now it may be in only little ways you can make a change...it may be only the soap you use on your skin...but each change makes a slight difference in the way you live.  The resistance you feel, to what I am saying, the I can't do that...I have responsibilities...is just your fear...so start with soap.  Yesterday was my 3rd last day to work as a nurse.  I have 2 more to go before I am down to one job, instead of two.  Actually, 3 if you count running a household. But what woman gives herself the credit of that job!?  I saw this answer by the Dalai Lama on Pinterest...and I thought...I should have had a V-8!!!


So here is the little change I made last week in my life.  HH and I have drank old coffee for years.  We use a 12 cup coffee maker and because we are so busy we make the whole pot...FAAACCCT!...we drink it for 2 days, reheating it in the microwave.  I am not ashamed of this...it worked, we were busy and we didn't care enough to take the time...after all for most days we get up at 4 AM...we can barely see at 4 AM.  My sister was appalled!  A year ago I started thinking about the process of coffee...good coffee and decided one day I would learn to make good coffee, create a ceremony of sorts...like the tea ceremonies.  When I traveled overseas and visited a tea plantation I learned all about tea making and serving.  The temperature of the water, the leaves, the love and intention that creates a good cup of tea.  Why not do that with coffee.  I found the exact French Press RED coffee pot I wanted and I am here to tell you...it only makes 2 fabulous cups of coffee.  It is a small change but...each step creates a different life.


So you are asking...where's the quilting in this blog...nada...except, I also saw this on the Pinterest site!  Mine would say Born to Quilt ~ Work for BOM's!  LOL


Have a great day and make only one change...tomorrow your life will be a little different by the choice.

10 comments:

  1. Love the last picture in your post...aint it the truth!

    Hope you enjoy your new coffee press...stop and smell the roses along your day today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is...I am not sure which addiction cost more, drugs or fabric...but fabric is more fun!

      Delete
  2. Change happens...some deliberate, some not...sometimes how we view it can make all of the difference. Enjoy the countdown on the change in how you will "spend" your time. As for the coffee change...change more than just using the French press to make it. Change the coffee that you use to brew in it and savor the way it looks, smells and tastes....and the time that you are spending drinking it. Make it "in the moment" and enjoy it thoroughly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are so wise Corney. Today I buy some yummy coffee beans!

      Delete
  3. I make a pot and drink it all, lol. Wonder why I am so hyper;)
    My husband got one of those presses, never did get the hang of it.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!!! Yes, HH waits till I made it...it is not mechanical enough for him. lol

      Delete
  4. You always offer food for thought and now it actually involves something edible/drinkable. Relish the aroma and taste of a good cuppa java!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, that's me thinkin', thinkin' thinkin' and like Debbie above maybe a little hyper from all the caffeine!

      Delete
  5. I love the wisdom of the Dalai Lama. So very true. In 2009 I worked 5 jobs. One day I woke up and made changes. Change was good.
    Glad you are enjoying your coffee change. Little bunny hops. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh Shelle...5 jobs!!! Thank goodness you saw the light! and we all benefit from that change...working on my next block! hehehe

      Delete