Saturday, May 19, 2012

The Big "O"


Yes, I have gone off the deep end, but I grabbed the edge and I am not letting go!  And, yes I am going to get back to quilting tomorrow because my girlfriends have kidnapped me and I am off to the Tater Patch in Merrill.   Now the Tater Patch is about 2-3 hours south of here in the middle of nowhere!  It is such an awesome quilt store that it is surviving in this economy out in the middle of nowhere...because of it's awesomeness!

So what have I been up to...what has kept me from quilting?  This poster.  I got it in my brain that when I am done working at the hospital I did not want to be spending my first week of retirement from my nursing career, cleaning my house. I wanted to spend that first week rejoicing and enjoying. The intensity of my schedule this last year has resulted in a house which is cluttered and dirty.  I discovered this flyer on Pinterest and saved it to my Big O bulletin board.  Then I printed it, put it in a plastic sleeve and mounted it inside my pantry door.  It is not that I am going to be this anal...I could...it is within me to get totally fixated, make a chart and start check boxes...but...I am not going to...but, I could???  No, I am not. Seeing it will give me encouragement that just by doing a little each day we could conceivably live in a clean house...you know the kind of house when someone unexpectedly knocks on the door and you graciously swing the door open and invite them in.  Not the kind where you open the door 2 inches...well, that an exaggeration...open the door 5 inches (maybe a foot, although I have been very successful this week on my program), slipping out not allowing room for a peek inside.

With this plan my downstairs in now clean!  I did spend about $75 on tools and products.  As with quilting I am totally about having everything I could conceivably need.  My cleaning gloves are cute and latex free.  The landscaper came by and I had my gloves on when I answered the door.  I told him I was cleaning...duh...I did think my hands looked kinda like Donna Reed's.  I need to make me a cute apron.  The upstairs will have to wait till Sunday...and by Monday I will not look like Donna Reed but I will have a clean house like Donna Reed!


Stay tuned for the Tater Patch slide show!

9 comments:

  1. I need that poster, but rather just have someone else do it, lol, I wish.
    I started yesterday with the basement, a bit at a time and it will get done eventually. Today is fun day, waiting for my son to go paddling.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the perfect way to approach life...clean a little and then padddle!

      Delete
  2. You go girl! I'd love to see those cute gloves. ;-) Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. smells like the sweet smell of pinesol!

      Delete
  3. check out flylady.com has much better routines for cleaning. It becomes really easy, and is mostly only doing 15 minutes at a time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I need all the help I can get...the next best thing is if you would come over and help me!

      Delete
  4. My goodness! Where do you get your energy? That freshly brewed java perhaps? Have fun with it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've tried some of the flylady.com methods, and like the 15 minute approach to things. I don't follow it exactly like she teaches, but I can do most anything for 15 minutes. If I have a cluttered area that is part of something that I need to clean, I spend 15 minutes decluttering. It's amazing how much you can get done that way. My sewing room declutter is taking forever, but there's a LOT of clutter to get through!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The issue in decluttering a sewing room is that you have to pet every thing! lol

      Delete