Thursday, April 5, 2012

Where In The World Is Waldo...I Mean Enzo???

I have reached a day off in the work week.  I mean a day that is spent not "working for the man" but working for myself.  Recent history has been trying at work as my employer readjusts...trying to find that sweet spot in the bottom line.  Like everyone else from the President on down to Enzo, these days decision are being made that have a sting to them.  We knew it was coming but the announcement was made to close down AirLink which is our air medical transport and let a private company provide the service.  Not knowing the in and outs, the ups and downs and totally being a sideline quarterback, I am sad.  There was a sense of pride and security in being a facility that provided medical air transport.  Sure, there still will be a service but it will be a private company and 27 individuals  were laid off.  Pilots, Nurses, Respiratory Therapist...((sigh)) The one guarantee in life is change and we must hold each others hands as we move forward.

Today in my quest to move forward I am going to start getting ready for the Fabric Stalker Sunriver Retreat which is a week from today!  There will be about 7 of us participating this year and we will be unveiling the latest construction of the Flippin' Bird Challenge.  Getting ready for retreat can be chaotic...remember that show where 4 people with shopping carts would rush through a store just throwing stuff in the cart and whoever's cart had the highest dollar amount won....I kinda feel like that.  My sewing room looks like a tornado came through...where in the world is Enzo???  By the end of today it will be straightened up and my project for retreat will be ready.  Of course I am keeping open the potential...no, the distinct possibility...actually, the right to change my mind right up until Robin picks me up!


Today I leave you with this image...that no matter what happens at work, home, with the spouse or the kids....


5 comments:

  1. I LOVE this image...it started my day with a smile. Thanks, Anna. Don't worry, out of chaos comes magic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Love that freed pup! :-) I spotted Enzo~ looked like he was posing for you. :-) Sorry about the lay offs and changes. It seems like it is happening everywhere and it is hard to lose good people. Have fun in your sewing room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to clean out my room again, though not sure why, lol.
    I need to pin some quilts so need my table.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like my sew [dining] room table

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the poster! We should all have that one hanging on our wall!

    How sad that the change means loss of some jobs. There are still so many losing their jobs, each causing a hardship for a family that could last for a long time before they find work. Fortunately, these people have skills that are really necessary and will likely find work again soon. Change is hard for many people, even those who didn't lose their jobs.

    My sewing table, thankfully doesn't look as bad, though it IS messy...but that's just because I have it all piled in the closet in my sewing studio! I have just GOT to get the stuff that got shoved in there a few months ago out and either decluttered or organized to go somewhere!

    ReplyDelete