Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Thoughts For Today


Have you ever known someone who revels in the drama?  Recently I met someone who by all accounts is a good, hard working person but I was exhausted by the end of our encounter because the energy that surrounded them was one that exuded  drama.  The injustices of life and I'll show them...and the me against the world...no one understands me.  I think this person would feel sooooo much better it they took up quilting!!!  You meet wonderful people, you get to buy beautiful fabrics and make wonderful quilts...life would be so sweet that the drama...well the only drama would be...opps dropped my needle, don't move! lol



I received this photo of my parents boat from the man who purchased her and took on the task of getting her sea worthy again.  I have many memories of sailing with my dad...he was so proud of his sailboat.  His passing came only a couple of years or more after he purchased the boat.  But my mother continued to sail and race for many more years.  Then as guaranteed she started aging and it was easier the last 10 years to sail and race with a friend on their boat.  Her boat bobbed around the slip the last decade of her life as she was unable to part with the memories of dad and sell it.  After her death last Sept. we were able to find the perfect match for the boat and this past weekend after a few month of refurbishing she was again on the high seas feeling the wind in her sails!  I know my mom and dad would love it!

Today I will be heading to Woolie Tuesday at QuiltWorks and get some wonderful photos of the Novel Idea Quilts!  Stay tuned and have a happy, drama free Tuesday!

10 comments:

  1. I know that feeling, my daughter is a drama queen and her visits exhaust me, lol. I am glad you found the perfect buyer for the boat, and I hope you have a wonderful time today.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was intrigued by the quote as I know someone who fits the bill - but I truly loved your solution!
    So happy you found the right person for your folks' boat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have met several of those people, i call them energy vampire's. They seem to suck the energy right out of a room. I agree if they found something positive to do may be they could route that energy differently. Have a fun day at quiltworks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, WE all know people like this...and I'm with you..ditch them and fast!! They suck your will to breath!
    LOVED your boat story!! Such wonderful memories...glad the boat is loved again and is happy!!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! Definitely words to live by! I've been living by this mantra for a little over a year now and I feel 10 years younger! :-) Some people are just determined to be miserable and chaotic and there ain't a darn thing anyone can do for them... so, us happy peoples need to move on and enjoy life! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. my oldest daughter ... ohmygawd ... i came to the conclusion years ago that she is a Predator and will suck away my Life Force if i am not ever vigilant...

    ReplyDelete
  7. i am with you no need to run your blood pressure up over all that drama

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, there are people like that in this world, I try my best to avoid them as much as I can. They exhaust me just listening to them. Your boat story was wonderful, your mom/dad are probably smiling watching their boat sailing the high seas once again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My DH and I call them DQ's, and except for those related to us, we try to avoid them at all costs.

    I'm so glad to hear (and see) the beautifully restored boat. It's gorgeous and makes me want the wind in my hair and to smell the salt of the ocean!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So well said!! I am going to put this saying on my computer screen. Thanks so much for this post - I really needed it.

    ReplyDelete