Sunday, April 15, 2012

Day 3 Sunriver Retreat

There is something about day 3...knowing that you only have this one full day before you need to think about heading home and entering your day to day life.

I woke up at 3:56 AM...that's right, the wee hours of the morning. Robin and I are early risers and my summer stars were calling my name.




The sewing room is quiet and all the machines are waiting patiently for the sweat shop to open.




I am sorry I am unable to load slideshows. But, they are coming on Monday. In the meantime let me show you a project that Irene made from instruction on Sunshowerquilts.blogspot.com. It is The Jelly Roll Races made from 2 1/2 inch strips!



Once you have 40 strips you start sewing the together as if making a long binding strip.



It was so fun to watching the progression of the quilt.




After sewing and cutting...and...sewing and cutting. You'll end up with a wonderful Scrappy quilt in a contemporary layout.




So at the end of the day Irene settled back at Hola's and enjoyed a margarita!




I spent the day working on my Summer Stars...only 14 more to go...

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments:

  1. You girls are having WAY TOO MUCH FUN!! Keep those pics coming!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a fun way to make a quilt. I have some jelly rolls and need some ideas for them.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun and quick quilt top to make! Thanks for posting the blog that has the instructions, in case we want to go take a peek.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you guys are having a great time and getting lots accomplished at the same time. I'm going to a UFO retreat up at Diamond Lake Resort Memorial Day weekend that is sponsored by our guild. I can hardly wait. I need to finish pre-cutting my project soon!

    ReplyDelete