Friday, March 2, 2012

A Solid Day

It is off to work today but yesterday was a good day.  One of those solid days where you can say it was a day worth being.  I met Robin for some coffee and eats at one of my favorite off the beaten path places in Bend, McKay's Cottage.  The former home of a lawyer in town was moved...yes the entire home was moved to OB Reily Rd. and they serve the best breakfast in town.  I can honestly say I have never eaten lunch there because I can't stand not having breakfast!  They have a bakery case and an interesting selection of choices from the traditional to the edgy.  But really...could you pass up a latte that looks like this!!!



I have also been doing a LOT of daydreaming about our future home.  Our lot is in Sisters and someday we are going to break ground...maybe someday soon.  But in the meantime HH and I dream and talk and dream and talk.  The lots left front corner is where all those utilities are located behind Enzo and I and then runs to the right beyond the photo.  I am not sure how much sewing I'll get done with a view like that!


Remember I mentioned that a few photos from my home were featured in the local paper.  The article was written by Linda Turner Griepentrog the newest independent writer for The Bulletin.  There was one mistake in the article...not by Linda but during the editing process...they said I owned the Woolie Mammoth Quilt Store!!! LOL  No wonder I am tired all the time!!!  I now have 3 jobs!!  The one disappointing issue in the article is that the photographer took MANY photos and several of them were of Enzo on his bed quilt, sitting in front of quilts, lying underneath quilted wallhangings...not one was in the article.  Even though the article came out on Tuesday I haven't had the heart to show it to him.  So if you are interested in reading Linda's article which in the print edition was titled Beyond the Bed just click and enjoy.  You have to click underneath the photo for the other 3 photos featured.

Don't forget to leave a name suggestion for Sandy's rabbit on yesterday's blog!

8 comments:

  1. Wow, what a view, would love a house there.
    The paper makes you pay to get in.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol I just went to read the article and ran into that too. I'm sorry to hear that you had to take a third job though. lol But, as the owner of a quilt shop, think of your new stash!

    The view is spectacular and I would be looking out my windows all of the time. As a matter of fact, since you're designing and building it, I would make one entire wall of my very spacious studio, windows with THAT view! lol Then I would orient my cutting table, sewing machine, and computer to face it....putting all of the things like the cupboards with my stash, book shelves, and design walls on the opposite wall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Enzo - didn't get his picture in the paper - what were they thinking?

    Love your new homesite - how exciting and a view to die for! So much to look forward to!

    Hope your day at work went well and hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once again you posted a picture that made me want to visit Central Oregon again. I wish it was in the cards.
    The view of your new home is spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful views.You´re in the paradise!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wanted to read the article but the paper makes you pay. Your view is fantastic. I'd have a wall of window so I could always see the view, how fun it would be on a snow day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful view..can't view the article as have to pay. I think your lot is in the Pine Meadow area? We stayed there in November. Loved it. coming over in May for Memorial Day with Cathy...loooking for a place to rent as the place I had lined up, they now have family coming to town. Ugh!

    Thanks for always sharing..heading out to sew tonight with Cathy at a quilt store in Oregon City.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh and I forgot to mention that Jean Wells is carrying Cathy's hand dyed wool at The Stitchen Post.! She met with her on Monday...yeah!!! So very happy for her!

    ReplyDelete