Followers

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

QuiltWorks First Friday

I missed First Friday at QuiltWorks because I was toooo tired to drag my rear over there after a 10+ hour work day.  But there was no way I was not going to check out the featured quilters exhibit and the group quilts and share them with you.  Today will be the quilts by Kristin Shields the March 2012 Feature Quilter.  Tomorrow you will get to enjoy the quilts by the Fiber Chixs!  

Kristin Shields began quilting over 20 years ago.  I really enjoyed this exhibit!  It is wonderful when the exhibit has a progression of creations over time.  A little of where we began and where we have ended up.  Kristin started quilting when templates were still common but about 10 years ago she found liberation with Gwen Marston and life hasn't been the same.  I hope you enjoy the slide show and only wish all of you could see them in person.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Personalize a slideshow design

3 comments:

  1. Kristin, you are an amazing quilter! I love the quilt that says "Ryan" on it and the one with the swing. You are talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't choose a favorite between the one with the two chickens and the one with the swing! Thanks for sharing these with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Quilts Kristin! I am going by QuiltWorks today and see them all in person!

    ReplyDelete