Followers

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Quilters Are Multi-talented!

I know I have bored you all with Wyatt this and Wyatt that...Byron this and Byron that...and of course Enzo.  I thought today I would give you a little diversion.  I have never met a quilter who didn't participate in another craft or art.  I know there may be someone out there that ONLY quilts but my experience has been that quilters also dive into other interests.  Books, scrapbooking, cross stitch, needle point, embroidery, knitting, rug hooking, crocheting, gardening, DIY's or cooking.  All you have to do is look at the Pinterest and you will see that every quilter...well every quilter is passionate about something other than quilting!

A couple of weeks ago when I was drowning in Pin heaven I found a cross stitch pattern that I just had to make.  On the Pinterest site I was able to locate a shop in the Portland, Oregon area that could mail order it for me.  I have not done cross stitch in a VERY long time...but I loved this little pattern and thought it would be a great way to pick it up again.  It seemed to be taking a little longer than my impatient stitching personality could handle and since I was heading up to see the kids I asked HH to drive me to the shop since it was not very far from where they live and I could personally ask about my order...OMG...I landed in cross stitch heaven!!!

Not only was the shop fabulous but Jeannine the owner and Laurie were so accommodating and friendly!  Turned out my order had gone out the day before and in fact I found it in my mailbox when I returned home yesterday.  They had thousands of treads, gazillion kinds of patterns and all the hardware to frame or use your stitched treasures.  Alma of Blackbird Designs will finally see that I can make up one of her designs!  Laurie was so sweet to give me a lesson on stitching because the last time I was cross stitching I was using a canvas with big holes and I wanted to try the linen types.

You will enjoy the slide show and if you are a cross stitcher or want to be I can tell you that Acorns & Threads is the place you want to order from, reliable and supportive!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Customize your own slideshow design

6 comments:

  1. I havent done cross stitch in about 30 years or more,but wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a find! Now I want to get out my needlepoint and finish it. I started it in the 1980's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't done a lot of counted cross-stitching or embroidery since I discovered quilting. What a fun place to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that place also, but I love 5th St Market in Eugene, Mindy's Needlepoint Factory. www.mindysneedlepoint.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great shop you found! Loved the slide show - makes me want to get back into counted cross-stitch again. Also loved the acorn one - can't wait to see your project! Glad you had a great trip and visit with the grands!

    ReplyDelete