Thursday, March 1, 2012

March?!!! How Did That Happen???? Check Out The New Contest!

OMG!  It has happened!  I have finally aged to that year where time seems to be moving so fast it's a blur.  I cannot believe it is March!  3 more months and Connor and Emily will have lived in Illinois for 1 whole school year.  Only 2 more years to go and the world will be their oyster (hopefully that oyster is back in the Pacific Northwest). My cousin Kristina gets married in June and a trip to the land of magic with my grandson is scheduled...in 3 very short months.  So...is time moving at the speed of a hare or a turtle for you?

The sunny days in San Francisco are a sweet memory as we continue with the last hurrah of winter.  Enzo is loving the stuff.  By the time he comes back in he looks like a strange Christmas tree with frozen snowballs hanging off his fur, lol  The early morning snow is so beautiful with the landscape lit up by it's reflections and there is some satisfaction with taking that first step on the fresh stuff.  As I am typing I can hear in the distance the warriors of the road clearing crew.  Call me weird but I think that job of scooping the early morning snow with the radio rocking to music would be a great job.


Enzo must have spotted some deer bedded down under the trees.


This is going to be a long as in length, blog today.  The reason, I didn't want to put these photos into a slide show because it doesn't allow you to click on them to enlarge. And you are going to want to take a good look at them because the Woolie's at QuiltWorks have been busy! 


I am definitely going to be making this one!  MaryAnn is making this as a shop sample and I love it! Marilyn, owner of QuiltWorks has the pattern on order.  Thanks Marilyn, you saved me shipping.


"Mary from Madras" is a wool project machine and this snowman is adorable!


The projects in the photos above and below were completed by "Mary from Bend" When you click on the crow photo they have real little glasses on! and the wool garden quilt...well it is just stunning.



Can you believe this little guy!!!  He has his own quilt.  Created by Sandy...you know the Woolie who can do it all...quilt, clean, cook, shop, look cute...that's Sandy!  So here is the thing...I am going to run a contest with a little bundle of goodies as a prize. You need to post on this blog a suggested name for this little rabbit and we'll put your name in the dog dish. You will be entered just by making a suggestion. I can't guarantee that Sandy will like any of the names suggested but it will give her some choices since that was a discussion at Woolies.


Here is the March banner of the month...I love crows, they are so opinionated.


I have simply got to make this pillow.  Created by Anne of Cottons 'n Wool it combines two of my favorite things, wool and embroidery!



Psspt, Beth...Marilyn has been working on her own stuff!  I think you need to get a sheep so she can  make you some wool blankies!  Marilyn you are as photogenic as ever and such a cute hair style.


This was an interesting project.  Anne took an embroidery pattern and finished both in embroidery and wool...isn't it amazing.  It doesn't look like the same pattern was used.


And last but not least, Claudine was dreaming of spring time.  So sweet and look at the great carrier she has for her projects.


So as you can see the Woolies do not disappoint.  I now have added at least 5 more projects to my list of "must makes."

34 comments:

  1. Oh Anna, can't wait to see the name choices for little bunny. What a fun give away. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm....Harry....Woolie Dood....Fuzzy DeWabbit...

    Thanks for the giveaway! I love the wool projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the name Hariette would be a good name. You all do such stunning projects. Love seeing the pictures but I do get a little green.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would go with P.D. for polka-dot...love those dots on his feet and ears. Thanks for the chance :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Luving all the Woolie's projects and what an adorable bunny....I would name her...Happy.
    Have a happy day Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful wool projects, but I really love the first one, something i would like to do too.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not good at names, but the first thing that came to mine was Fuzzy-Wuzzie. Gosh your group does so many wonderful things, I'd be in deep trouble if I lived closer--lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohmygosh I love that little rabbit :) If she were mine I think I would have to call her Lovey . . . So so sweet! And the Wool Garden quilt is a real knock-out - Thank you for sharing all of these amazing projects.
    Pam P

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so impressed by your Woolie group - what talent and great projects! So much fun for everyone! Looks like Enzo is having a ball in the snow!

    I would name the bunny Daisy Mae.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all those wool projects. I think the bunny's name should be Dorothy, called Dot for short.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would name her Charlotte...I am a bit partial since it is one of my middle names :-) I found your site through Pininterest and the carrot quilt..so cute....

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so bad at cute names but I like Bugs even though he doesn't look anything like the original Bugs Bunny. ok well...I told you I was bad at this! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Penelope the Rabbit. Soooo cute and look at all that snow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would call her Dot. I miss the fresh fallen snow from when we lived over that way. Here in the valley we got just a dusting. You could still see the (need to be mowed) grass.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The first name that came to my mind was "Fraggle" She kind of reminds me of some of the characters from Fraggle Rock. She is so cute and the quilt she is sitting upon is too sweet. Thanks for sharing all the wonderful pictures of beautiful projects!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the name Dotty B Hareington. We have had almost no snow this winter, sure hope that spring is not as dry.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have lots of bunnies. I loved calling one "Kitty", every time I called her it made me chuckle! Then we had one named Mabel and I always thought "Mabel, Black Label" from the beer commercial. I think this one could be called Esther. Esther Bunny (get it?) Love the tiny crow glasses, but don't like crows in real life, always a harbinger of doom for me!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What came to mind was Rose, the blushing, bumbly bunny. What ever she is named she is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  19. He's a boy, and his name is Rupert!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I thought of the name Floppy Ears, because of her cute, long ears.

    ReplyDelete
  21. My suggestion for bunny's name is Cocoa - he just looks like a Cocoa. I also have a solution for preventing snowballs from clinging to Enzo - spray Pledge. We have a lhasa, Teddie (he looks like a white teddy bear), and we spray lemon pledge on his legs and bottom before going out to play in the snow. It really works and he smells good.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'd call her Dorotea Orejas (Dorothy Ears), and for short, I'll call her Dotty!

    ReplyDelete
  23. The first name that came to my mind when I saw the picture was "Flying Matilda". This rabbit looks like it lives in the Australian Outback who can use her ears as helicopter propellers.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I think "Bubbles" fits this cute little bunny! She looks like she is would have a happy, bubbly personality! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I like Maeve for her. That reminds me of mauve and her ears look kind of mauve.

    ReplyDelete
  26. A simple rabbit should have a simple name. I'm thinking Oscar!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Spotty Dotty...we affectionately called my mom that!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the wool projects - thanks for sharing. Since you refer to the rabbit as a 'he' how about "Trusty" for a name?

    ReplyDelete
  29. I like Aures which is latin for ears. Not sure how to pronounce it but I like the look of it and the way it sounds really posh (when I say it) and all it means is ears.
    What a very cute bunny, I do love them when their ears are big and floppy like this.

    ReplyDelete
  30. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete