Friday, March 9, 2012

Be Happy (and the winner is....)


Yesterday I had a yearly "well woman" exam with a new physician.  For years I had been seeing a nurse practitioner maneuvering my own outcome.  I decided this was the year of reality.  So I researched, talk to and finally chose a doctor.  Our first meeting was a pleasant surprise, young, smart and direct.  I was sent off to get lab work and request ALL my other records.  Yesterday was a physical exam, pap, and  lab evaluation.  The result, I am basically healthy...BUT...I need to lose weight, lower my cholesterol, exercise...and, she said something to me that hit me like a V8!  Every time I eat bread...as in dipping bread in olive oil...my favorite yummy, it is like I am having a bowl of ice cream!!!  Holy Crap!!!  I need to decrease my carb intact... but, I love carbs (insert whine here)...on the other hand I like being happy better.  Don't short change yourself get a check up, you deserve the best life you can create.  You ask what does this have to do with quilting...well funny you should ask...with all the money I save not buying bread...I gonna buy fabric! ROFLOL  Because....



The winner of the Friends & Neighbor Pattern is Gill from the United Kingdom who said, "So Cute! How about Rory?" No guarantee Sandy will like this name but the dog dish has made a decision! lol  Send me your mailing address! 


Thank you to all that entered I didn't (mea culpa, mea culpa) answer all the entry emails...I can barely keep up on the non Give Away ones.  But know that I read them all and  want to thank everyone for taking the time to play with me.  Welcome to the new followers, glad you are here!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Gil and to you for being healthy, well nothing serious;) I like carbs, I live on carbs, I get sick if I don't eat my carbs, next week it will be green vegetables that are bad for you, haha. I don't eat much bread, but I live on noodles and potatoes.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll take the ice cream...thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for taking care of yourself! Only you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the name Rory for the rabbit. That was the name of my sweet boy who lived with me for 6 years. Definitely a good name for such a cute bunny (although he will have very high standards to live up to in my eyes.)
    Not sure I could give up bread, oil and dukkah for fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great attitude...Take pictures to remind yourself....You'll never be as young as you are right now!!! A friend told me, " Every time you lose a quarter of a pound, hold up a stick of butter and tell yourself, " I LOST THAT!!!!" I know you can do it....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to Gill!

    Just think....olive oil is a HEALTHY oil too...so if eating that when bread dipping, it's likely to be the amounts as well as what we're eating. I think the key is to eat the simplest foods in the healthiest amounts for our own particular body, balanced with the amount and quality of our exercise. It's sort of like juggling a lot of balls in the air. If you start with 5 or 6 of them at once, they frequently end up on the ground because we haven't caught them. But if we start with one, then add a second when we get good at that, it can naturally allow us to add more and more as soon as our "balancing act" becomes easier. Starting with exercise will give you some great endorphins and your body will start craving healthier foods in the proper amounts. You can tell that you've lost weight because you feel lighter when it disappears...which then leads to you to want more exercise and healthier foods. I'm starting that trek myself because it worked for me before, and it will again.

    ReplyDelete