Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Quiet Before The Quilting Storm...

I am heading over to Quiet River today for some last minute tweaks in anticipation of the 2012 Fabric Stalkers Quiet River Retreat which begins on Thursday.  It is quiet here as many of the neighbors are snowbirds and spending the Winter in warmer climates.  The river is full and flowing at a nice clip with the ducks and geese already thinking about Spring!  The river is so full that part of the trail is submerged.  I am so looking forward to this time of intense sewing and talking with the girlfriends.  There is something so wonderful when a group of women can spend all day in their PJ's just talking and sewing... reminiscent of our more innocent times of childhood.  There is a safe feeling in this place where the outside world of worries rarely intrudes...and, if it does there is someone to give you hug and reassure you that you will survive whatever comes down the river.



Later this morning I will be creating chaos at my house trying to figure out what projects I want to take over there...the best part of this retreat for me is I don't have to sweat it too much if I forget something or change my mind....my sewing room is only 2 streets over from Quiet River!  It is a day filled with quilting one way or another...cause this afternoon I will be stitching at Anne's house which is always a wonderful way to spend some time!

Take my advise...spend some time with a stitching girlfriend this week, you'll look younger (cause laughter makes you look younger), you'll be less depressed (hard to be depressed when you're with friends who love you) and it is amazing what a little wine, chocolate, conversation and fabric can do for the body!


8 comments:

  1. I spent the weekend with 2 stitching buddys at the beach, no sewing but lots of planning and talking about sewing and of course a visit to crafters wearhouse. Also, there is a bran new joann's in Warrenton. We also dropped into Center Diamond in Cannon Beach, what a great shop! All in all very relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like it will be a fun retreat.
    I wish I had others to quilt with, need to get out to the sewing shop and see what classes are coming up. Just hard to know if I will be up to it, when it comes.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am coming up to Bend in May come hell or high water as they say, to visit my family, I would love to have a sewing day with you guys. I'll bring the wine and chocolates! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So that's where all these people came from! Little do they know, I'd rather be there....especially when you're talking wine and chocolate and quilty stuff! Have fun at the retreat this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful time at Quiet River with your friends sharing memories, laughter, hugs and some quilting thrown in - I'm sure it will be a special time for you. What could be better than friends, wine, chocolate and quilting! Will look forward to the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. how fun!!! Wish I were living there and could be a part of your sewing group. I will just settle with reading about all the fun you and your friends have!

    ReplyDelete