Saturday, February 4, 2012

OMG & WOW!!!

Well, I had to start with a Wyatt & dad photo...seems as if they go to the same barber!





Yesterday was a "normal" day at work.  I had some great laughs with a coworker as we contacted patients for next weeks procedures...not that the procedures were funny...or the patients...but there is nothing better about the work day than when you get to work with someone nice...who likes to laugh!


Plus my son was sweet enough to text me a photo of baby Wyatt and that made my whole day!

After work Robin and I went to First Friday at QuiltWorks!  OMG and WOW, it was packed... claustrophobic packed!  The feature quilter brought out the hoards and with good traveling weather it was the perfect combination.  Unfortunately because of the shear volume of the people I could not get photos of the featured quilters...quilts!  So next time Woolie's meet there I will be some great photos.  I did get a few photos of the Valentine, red and white theme...which was wonderful.  How I wish I could have seen the Red & White Quilts exhibit in New York...but this was the next best thing and now I have decided to make my own Red & White Quilt!!!

I have also had a "Bazinga" moment!  While talking with Suzette who pointed out that all the red, white and pink fabrics were on sale...oh yeah I am on a fabric diet!  She asked how long this was going to last...end of March!  Then I realized I was going to be in San Francisco at the end of this month on business.  But due to scheduling issues the meeting I was flying down for has been postponed by 2 days...24 hrs by myself in San Francisco...how am I going to occupy myself???  Hey Colleen???? want to slumber party Thursday night??? and a trip to Benertex????? on Friday???? I am going off my fabric diet that weekend.  My diet is not in effect when I cross state lines!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy the limited slide show...I'll get actual photos of the featured Quilter next week!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Free picture slideshow generated with Smilebox

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure wish you could edit a comment! Dang!

    Anyway, I would have loved seeing the red & white quilt exhibit in NYC too! The display looked amazing. I love the red & white log cabin in your slideshow. Log Cabin quilts seem to work great in any color palette.

    I have a great piece of fabric that would be a good starting point for a red & white quilt. The background is red with black and white Eiffel Tower print. Hmmm.....

    I've been very good on my fabric diet. I have only purchased stuff for my upcoming workshop with Cindy Needham, and a couple of pieces for the queen quilt I am working on. I was in 2 quilt shops in Redding last weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm...you might want to visit Princess Mirah Batiks while you're there in San Francisco. If so, I've heard that if a friend sends you something fabric related, it sounds as a gift. lol (just kidding...I know you hate batiks, but I drool just thinking about them)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet photo of Wyatt and dad!

    The quilt show was packed - what an amazing crowd! Loved the red and white quilts - looking forward to seeing the others on your next visit.

    Love how you rationalize - the quilt diet only works in OR - sounds good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great picture of father and son...so special
    wow good for you being on a fabric diet! thanks for sharing the pictures loved seeing Anne!
    safe trip and oh can't wait to see what you buy!!!!!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photo!.
    Enjoy your finished fabrics diet!

    ReplyDelete