Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Jibber Jabber


I made it! I finished a UFO before January rolled into February!  My UFO challenge is off to a great start.  Lots of you know this pattern as Slideshow.  I bought the Japanese panel at the Pacific International Quilt show in Seattle...the year was sometime in the early 2000's. Some of the Fabric Stalkers made a girls weekend and we hit the vendor mall!!!  I finally put this wall hanging together in 2010!!! and now it is complete...my first competed UFO 2012! 


Check this out!  Mary aka Cornwoman finished her January UFO Challenge...and I love it...in fact I want to make this one!  Great framed or as a pillow!  You rock Corney!


...And just so you don't think Corney is drowning in UFO's she actually is very productive, organized and been on a fabric diet for 4 years!!!  She made this adorable duffle bag for her granddaughter's birthday in June (already done!) filled with fun hair things!  What a great idea!



I stopped at Fabric Depot on the way home from Portland.  Even though I was sad to leave the Portland Bates Family...and baby Wyatt I stuck to my fabric diet.  If you remember the diet allows for the purchase of batting, backing and notions...and that is all I bought.  3 battings, the backing for one quilt and a wooden hoop. In and Out...in the shortest amount of time I have ever spent there. I didn't want to spend a lot of time there because the temptation was incredible...but, I did take a photo of these wall hangings because I liked them.



Heading back over the mountain...and it was beautiful!


There will be lots of Quilt Bloggin' this month as I will be busy sewing so I won't think about missing Wyatt and will have lots to share.  The Fabric Stalkers have their Quiet River Retreat in less than 2 weeks!!!  


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the lovely comments! The quilting on the duffle is my 2012 FMQ Challenge entry too. I'm so glad that you liked the pumpkin wall hanging. It's about 20" long and about 14 1/2" wide.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't seem to finish anything big lately, tempted to start something new and then I might finish it, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, I think Sandy and I might want to scrutinize your receipt from Fabric Depot. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spectacular finish for January 2012! It is stunning! Glad you were able to stop at Fabric Depot even on your fabric diet - you must have worn blinders! LOL

    ReplyDelete